Is Saying There's Something Wrong with Homosexuals Homophobic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

do you think there's something wrong with being homosexual? a simple yes or no will suffice.
    I already answered that in the other thread. There is something wrong with all of us.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

that's not an answer; that's the kind of bull**** cop out that one expects from homophobes who lack the moral fibre to own their prejudice and say 'yes, i think there's something wrong with homosexuals', hence this thread.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

'homophobic' is generally taken to mean 'prejudiced against homosexuals', and it's in that sense that i've used it here.
        So, does saying something is wrong with homosexuals indicate prejudice against them? It sounds like you're questioning a tautology here.

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
        Actually the word homophobia is very apt because phobia does not mean fear.
        It means phobia which is the irrational fear.
        Phobos is a justified fear.
        In English, "phobia" is generally used for an irrational fear as a psychological disorder--ie, it has to cause significant difficulties for the person who has it. By this definition, very few people are homophobic; perhaps one out of fifty people is homosexual, and it's not always obvious. Even today you can go whole days at a stretch without knowingly encountering a gay person in your day-to-day life, unless you live in San Francisco.

Having alektorophobia is bad because there is simply no way a chicken is going to be able to harm you on a one to one struggle
        Spoken like a man who has never run afoul of a rooster. A chicken is highly unlikely to cause severe or life-threatening damage to a grown human; however, if they get in an ugly mood or decide they don't like you they will fly right at you pecking and scratching, which can be quite alarming if you're not prepared for it (emotionally and/or with a large stick). Incidentally, I thought Alekto was one of the three erinnyes/furies; Greeks use a similar name for a chicken?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

that's not an answer; that's the kind of bull**** cop out that one expects from homophobes who lack the moral fibre to own their prejudice and say 'yes, i think there's something wrong with homosexuals', hence this thread.
          Please use words correctly if you want to have a discussion.

Comment

Αληκτώ (Alekto) is a verb (where the name for the chicken comes) and it's the state of furious behaving, behaving with fury. (more or less. Actually I think it's the act of shouting out with fury)
            Behaving with fury does not in itself entail anything threatening.

Also a phobia is something internalized, the only attribute - that you have it - means that something is wrong with you. Of course it needs a trigger but that doesn't mean that you're alright as long as you don't encounter one.

While alektorophobia needs a chicken to manifest, homophobia is also an idea (it doesn't require a gay person to manifest)

Comment

Originally posted by The Stupidest Bigot on Apolyton View Post
              Please use words correctly if you want to have a discussion.

you're not capable of discussion; you can't even answer a question.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I answered the question idiot. Why don't you respond to elok instead of your usual nonsense? He's making good points. Why are you just lying?

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  So, does saying something is wrong with homosexuals indicate prejudice against them? It sounds like you're questioning a tautology here.
                  that's what this thread is about. but yes, if person believes that there's something wrong with homosexuals (because they are homosexuals) then they are prejudiced against them.

Comment

As a side note, erinnyes (like alekto) feasted on guilt.
                    If you had nothing to feel guilty about, they were harmless

(erinnyes in greek is simply another name for remorse)

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                      As a side note, erinnyes (like alekto) feasted on guilt.
                      If you had nothing to feel guilty about, they were harmless

(erinnyes in greek is simply another name for remorse)
                      People have a phobia about that?

Comment

I'm not sure you understand everything that's been talked about here

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          In English, "phobia" is generally used for an irrational fear as a psychological disorder--ie, it has to cause significant difficulties for the person who has it. By this definition, very few people are homophobic; perhaps one out of fifty people is homosexual, and it's not always obvious. Even today you can go whole days at a stretch without knowingly encountering a gay person in your day-to-day life, unless you live in San Francisco.
                          Yet somehow gay people are going to destroy marriage and corrupt your children.

Comment

1. Kid believes women are evil and have unfair advantages.
                            2. Kid hate homosexuals.

Does this lead to

3. Kid gets a sex change?
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              1. Kid believes women are evil and have unfair advantages.
                              2. Kid hate homosexuals.

Does this lead to

3. Kid gets a sex change?
                              But that would make Kid a lesbian

Comment

He could first go to 5th grade and get the course work (eg. gay propaganda) to turn him to want to receive butt secks. Then when he changed sex to female he would still like boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X