This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

A late start... but JR volunteered to run the pool in 2016 as long as people don't expect instant updates.
    So I started the thread. JR can fill in all the other stuff.

My picks have already been sent via PM to JR
    Good luck to all and get your picks in.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

What the hell? I'll have another go. After all, I can't really do much worse than I have in previous years.

A PM has been sent to JR.
    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

I sent him my 20 person list. I believe that is the correct amount.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        A late start... but JR volunteered to run the pool in 2016 as long as people don't expect instant updates.
        So I started the thread. JR can fill in all the other stuff.

My picks have already been sent via PM to JR
        Good luck to all and get your picks in.
        As far as I'm concerned, JR can update the thread whenever he wants, unless my powers weaken and one of my picks dies in which case I expect the thread to be updated within twenty-four hours.....

........and if that does happen, be sure to cast your eyes skyward because you just may see pigs flying.

Comment

The correct number of celebrities for an entry is 20. A reserve of up to 5 is recommended in case someone on your list is ineligible (already deceased, not an actual celebrity, etc.). The rules will essentially remain the same as 2015, and we will start January 1.

Entries received so far:

Ming -- 20+5
          Uncle Sparky -- 20 only
          embalmer42 -- 20+2
          Dinner -- 20+5
          Bugs ****ing Bunny -- 20+5

Then there's me, Slowwy, self biased, Hauldron (unlikely), Lori, and our gracious 2015 admin, ColdWizard.

But anyone can enter! Here's a link to the rules for the uninitiated.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sloww is also in. (I thought I saw a dead person on your list, Sloww, but haven't had time to check yet. Fortunately, you sent reserves, so it's all good.)

It's a busy week for me at work, but I'll try to make my picks and post all rosters by the end of day 1/1/16.
            The niceties of master lists and such will likely have to wait a few days.
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Take all the time you need... And due to the late start, maybe it's worth cutting some people some slack if they are just a day or two late
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I might send in a list today. I didn't score, so I could resubmit, but the fun of this is in coming up with a list, so I'll probably send you something new and equally likely to garner points instead.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I've just noticed that I was so convinced one of my picks would drop dead that I picked him twice. Feel free to dock me points for rank stupidity.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I've started a separate official thread for this - mostly so the key info will be topped on the first page.

Just updated rules posted at this point. I'll try to get the entries up by end of day.

Happy New Year!

Comment

Natalie Cole will sing no more, although as of now they say she died Thursday night.

Comment

This year my cold streak will finally end and there will be cold corpses.

For the last few years being on my list was a sure fire path to a long life.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Please use this thread...

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                          X