What is your thanks/thanked ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your thanks/thanked ratio?

I'll compile a list of the greatest polies, indicated by this measurement.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

504/100=5.04

Comment

Probably me. I give out about 15x the thanks I receive.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The greatest thanks Scrooge is JR who is at 260 to one.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

It would be zero, but I did click it once when the function first appeared, to see what it did.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You left out the Bah, Humbug, Ebeneezer.

Comment

222/294

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                You left out the Bah, Humbug, Ebeneezer.
                The "thanks" tool is IMHO a crutch for the awkward, the inept, and the unwanted, slavishly added by our fearless leader, Aeson, probably as part of a forumware update. In practice, it's usually used as a substitute for "I agree with you," and rarely has anything to do with real gratitude or the actual usefulness.

I prefer more conventional means of thanks - in forum terms, a post or PM - should any of you sad lot ever produce what I consider a useful post. I can't say as I've been tempted much.

N.B.: There is no double-e in Ebenezer.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  The "thanks" tool is IMHO a crutch for the awkward, the inept, and the unwanted, slavishly added by our fearless leader, Aeson, probably as part of a forumware update. In practice, it's usually used as a substitute for "I agree with you," and rarely has anything to do with real gratitude or the actual usefulness.

I prefer more conventional means of thanks - in forum terms, a post or PM - should any of you sad lot ever produce what I consider a useful post. I can't say as I've been tempted much.

N.B.: There is no double-e in Ebenezer.
                  Ok. So you lose. Who else likes to thank people, or thinks other people's posts are worthy?

Comment

My thanks/thanked ratio is low, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly because people think I'm suicidal and want to find ways to boost my self-esteem. I should thank them for caring...
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Damn. Out of thanks.

Comment

10/87
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why do you need this crappy thread? The info you want is available on every post. Just go look and make you little list.

Comment

The thanks were added well before I had any say into it. Ive left it because Im worried what would happen to Braindead if thanks were to be done away with.

My thanks/thanked ratio is too much:not enough

Comment

I stand corrected. Now blaming Plomp.

Comment

Working...
                              X