No announcement yet.

Poll: Worst Star Wars movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't even bring myself to watch the first trilogy in prep for FA :vomit:

Comment

Agreed, I just skimmed 3-6 in prep.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I watched the whole thing. That's why I'm still working on my philosophy paper. I think should be able to claim some kind of disability exemption for crippling addiction...
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          TPM had Jar Jar, that awful child actor, no plot ("oh no there's a blockade because of taxes or something???"), that stupid pod race, that light saber fight that lasted forever, Natalie Portman in a weird costume and speaking in a monotone, midichlorians, ugh fuuuuuuck
          I have to agree, especially about annoying young Anakin ... also it didn´t make much sense that queen Amidala in practically every function had her double attend to talks ... I mean, it would make sense in pure representative meetings (i.e. presenting the queen to the population), but not in meetings/talks where things would have to be decided.
          And that´s only on top of Midi Chlorians and the strange decision to have R2D2 and C3PO become the Droids of Anakin Skywalker (and obviously have him totally forget it in IV-VI)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Return of the Jedi.

3 foot tall talking teddy bears with stone age tools defeat The Empire's Stormtroopers? Fvck off Lucas, just fvck right off.

Everything Star Wars after ESB has been complete and utter garbage.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I forgot about the crap with the droids

And there was so much miscellaneous awfulness:
              Flying junk salesman: I know all about the Jedi, you can't use your mind control powers on me
              Jedi: Okay, can I use my cheating in dice trick on you?
              Flying junk salesman: Oh sure, that's fine
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Young Anankin and JJ were my biggest issues.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                  Return of the Jedi.

3 foot tall talking teddy bears with stone age tools defeat The Empire's Stormtroopers? Fvck off Lucas, just fvck right off.

One wonders why Imperial Stormtroopers wear amor ... it doesn´t seem to protect them from Blasterfire ... it doesn´t even protect them from physical attacks (as ROTJ showed) and, considering their lack of success in hitting rebels only a few meters away from them, it also doesn´t seem to enhance their senses.
                  So, wouldn´t it actually enhance the combat capabilities of the stormtroopers, if they wouldn´t have to carry the additional weight of the armor, with its vision limiting helmet?

It also makes one wonder if the Rebels wouldn´t have fared better in their fights (especially in Echo Base on Hoth), if they had used hand grenades, IEDs or mines instead of blasters (or in addition to them)
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                    Return of the Jedi.

What irked me more about the Ewoks was the fact that the reason for their attack appeared spontaneous in the film, however was clearly meticulously planned (witness: the rolling logs and all the other traps etc) and would have taken days to set up right under the noses of active Imperial patrols...

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      . And Anakin succeeds by accident.
                      no

dafuq?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

worst to best:

ep1
                        ep2
                        ep3
                        ep7
                        ep6
                        ep4
                        ep5

periods are to emphasize degree of difference between them imo

i could see maybe liking ep7 better than jedi, in time
                        but could also see this trilogy sitting better than the prequels but just shy of the originals, or maybe ranked lower, depending how the others are
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          no

dafuq?
                          Anakin accidentally launches his fighter into space, accidentally flies into the cargo hangar of the droid control ship, and accidentally shoots it up, destroying the ship and shutting down the droid army. It was never his intention to shut down the droid army, but he did it anyway all in the course of just trying to stay out of trouble as Qui-Gon ordered him to do. Maybe the Force was flowing through him or some crap like that, but the truth is that the battle was won by a small child who was not even participating in the battle, and all the other Naboo fighter pilots were too stupid to think, "Hmm, maybe I should fly into the unshielded cargo bay and blow **** up there."
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

worst to best:

Comment

How can the new movie be the worst?

Comment

I signed in to vote for the correct answer "Attack of the Clones" for the reasons Lorizael listed among others, but also to note that he's completely loony to suggest that TPM is "not that bad." Thank you for your time.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X