Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Apolyton Edition of CtP2 is a Wargame!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Apolyton Edition of CtP2 is a Wargame!

I'm playing CtP2 for some years now, but the original german version from CD. Installed the Apolyton Edition about 2 weeks ago, and I'm very surprised about the agressiveness of almost all oponents. This is a Wargame now, no time to develop your cities, its war all the time. From 8 oponents 7 declare war at the first contact. No time to find the adecuate location for new cities, no time to explore territories: what has been a stress free, relaxed "development game" changed into a hectic, breathless rally for better warriors, better units and constant defense from attacks and invasions. Even on huge maps (to evoid early contact with others) no chance to play a calm and slow development game. Not with the Apolyton Edition!
    Settlers invade my territories building cities within my limits, blowing up all my efforts to place my cities without overlaping tiles. In the last game the AI placed THREE cities within the city limits of one on my cities and when I conquer them I'm left with four cities so close to each other that none has space for growth.
    There are some nice things too in the Apolyton Edition, as the bonuses (ruins) and much richer trade. But the aggressivness of the oponents, the need to focus con WAR, WAR and almost nothing else, at least in the early rounds is disappointing. I want to live in peace with everyone, I want to develop my cities and I only declare war if its absolutly neccesary.
    I don't know if there is anyone else who things that the original CtP2 offered more space for different strategies, not only conquier and kill. For me: I have stress enought on my work. Do I have to return to the original CtP2 to get that?
Working...
X