X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much work...
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Of course my way of thinking is superior to everyone else's.
      What a plebian question

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
        Yes, why is it you have such an unhealthy obsession with him? As for cowardice - does it make you feel big to run a person down who isn't here to defend himself - or rushing to claim that it was you that got him banned when my memory is otherwise...

Eh, Bentonio...?
        Go back and read the thread. I was gently trying to draw him into being honest for a change when you came along and jumped in with your normal size 13's and complete lack of subtly and almost blew the entire gig. If he wasn't such a dumbass, you'd have ****ed the whole thing up like you normally do.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          Of course my way of thinking is superior to everyone else's.
          What a plebian question
          The unfortunate thing is that you actually believe that... completely in line with your chosen ideology.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Of being awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              According to marxist philosophy free trade is the most certain way to lead countries in war.
              The ruling class in order to further their interests and capitalism's limitations and inherent irationality turn free trade into a prelude of war.
              Every time

Anyway, that's just one approach but I think the answer lies in fundamental human (nationwide) nature.

I can't believe a country wouldn't just stay at home if it didn't have something concrete to gain.

Hence the fuel for any invasion/mass murder/ destabilization is always a priori self serving enterprise.

It rests to find out who it IS serving.
              I think most of the time it's not the middle average person of either countries involved, neither the attacker nor the defender.

I understand your (that) type of thinking but I just think it's a veil (even unconscious) for concrete interests.
              Economic reasoning dictates that countries that trade together to fight wars against each other. Trading causes nations to prosper. Conquering other countries comes at a great cost. It's much better to trade. Everyone prospers. It's the capitalists that know this better than anyone. You can complain about the capitalists having so much power. But you look quite silly blaming them for war.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                Go back and read the thread. I was gently trying to draw him into being honest for a change when you came along and jumped in with your normal size 13's and complete lack of subtly and almost blew the entire gig. If he wasn't such a dumbass, you'd have ****ed the whole thing up like you normally do.
                No. You appear to be engaged in a vicious preemptive attack on someone who's not here to defend themselves, and whip up a witch-hunt at the same time. I imagine you're hoping to provoke him into saying something out of turn so that he can be banned virtually the moment he starts posting here - hence your poll on the subject.

He's done his time and served his punishment; that's how it works. Assuming he wants to return, hopefully he's learned his lesson, as opposed to simply miscalculating Aeson's resolve, and will post in a more acceptable manner. Time will tell.

For my part I will accept him back and treat him with a clean slate - obviously it will remain to be seen whether he is a reformed character or not, however I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he deserves that much at least.

Comment

Assuming he wants to return
                  Considering all the posts he has thanked while banned, I think it's a safe assumption that he wants to return.

It's highly unlikely that a ban can really change anybody. It might modify his behavior a slight bit but it won't change him. So I anticipate treating him like I usually do. But I have no intention of piling on the second he returns. And I have no doubt that he will do something to deserve it at some point, but I'll be patient.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ben will last until the next time a cop makes the news by shooting a black guy, so it shouldn't take long for him to get banned again.

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                      No. You appear to be engaged in a vicious preemptive attack on someone who's not here to defend themselves, and whip up a witch-hunt at the same time. I imagine you're hoping to provoke him into saying something out of turn so that he can be banned virtually the moment he starts posting here - hence your poll on the subject.

He's done his time and served his punishment; that's how it works. Assuming he wants to return, hopefully he's learned his lesson, as opposed to simply miscalculating Aeson's resolve, and will post in a more acceptable manner. Time will tell.

For my part I will accept him back and treat him with a clean slate - obviously it will remain to be seen whether he is a reformed character or not, however I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he deserves that much at least.
                      You lying ****ing hypocrite.

Comment

I will welcome him back. I usually just stop reading his posts when he goes off the deep end, but then I do that with most people here. There are many here who are very much like BK.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                          You lying ****ing hypocrite.
                          Were you looking in the mirror when you typed that?

Otherwise, kindly point out were you think I am a hyprocrite?

I always treat you with a clean slate until you act like a dickhead, Ken. Ben is the same difference.

Comment

BK and ken are pretty much the same, except BK wouldn't laugh about terrorist threats against me. At least I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              I will welcome him back. I usually just stop reading his posts when he goes off the deep end, but then I do that with most people here. There are many here who are very much like BK.
                              Hello, Pot.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                                Ben will last until the next time a cop makes the news by shooting a black guy, so it shouldn't take long for him to get banned again.
                                That is a very negative view even if it is probably realistic. People do learn, change, and grow even if some do it more slowly than others.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X