No announcement yet.

So how long will Ben last this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken's clearly feeling threatened that Kenobi's going to steal his position as competition to Kid for most disingenuous poster on Poly.

Comment

While kentonio's liberal views on society are certaintly enthralling and agreeable his "interest" in the well being of other countries is suspect.
      I don't think he does it on purpose, it's just a way of thinking.
      While he seems to get the basic facts right, his POV lacks one necessairy ingredient to make the whole soup stable. It's also the one ingredient that puts his (or that) analysis on its head.

Interests.

Interests are best camouflaged under "caring".

Comment

Hence how he resembles Ben in many ways.

Ken, Ben, even the names are so similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          While kentonio's liberal views on society are certaintly enthralling and agreeable his "interest" in the well being of other countries is suspect.
          I don't think he does it on purpose, it's just a way of thinking.
          While he seems to get the basic facts right, his POV lacks one necessairy ingredient to make the whole soup stable. It's also the one ingredient that puts his (or that) analysis on its head.

Interests.

Interests are best camouflaged under "caring".
          The difference is that I actually care about what happens to people in those countries. I also believe that our interests are best served by creating a long term scenario where everyone does better and is happier. More trade, less violence, less unhappiness and less extremist. I refuse to accept that the only way to improve a terrible situation is to sit back and hope for the best, or to just further our own best interests while screwing everyone elses. I find a lot of 'liberals' have appallingly regressive opinions on foreign policy that are largely paternalistic and based on making themselves and their consciences feel good at the expense of pragmatism and the long term futures of people suffering globally.

We can do a lot better than we are doing, but not by following weak neo-liberal philosophy. Either we engage with the actual people in the countries that need our help or else we perpetuate an endless cycle of violence and death. There is no solution that doesn't involve suffering and hardship, good things don't come cheap.

Comment

Oh and ignore Mobius, he's just butthurt about being called a coward and a hypocrite the other day.

Comment

According to marxist philosophy free trade is the most certain way to lead countries in war.
              The ruling class in order to further their interests and capitalism's limitations and inherent irationality turn free trade into a prelude of war.
              Every time

Anyway, that's just one approach but I think the answer lies in fundamental human (nationwide) nature.

I can't believe a country wouldn't just stay at home if it didn't have something concrete to gain.

Hence the fuel for any invasion/mass murder/ destabilization is always a priori self serving enterprise.

It rests to find out who it IS serving.
              I think most of the time it's not the middle average person of either countries involved, neither the attacker nor the defender.

I understand your (that) type of thinking but I just think it's a veil (even unconscious) for concrete interests.

Comment

I haven't even seen any posts by him so I doubt he is back yet. It seems a little obsessive to talk about a person who isn't here to respond.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

According to marxist philosophy free trade is the most certain way to lead countries in war.
                  The ruling class in order to further their interests and capitalism's limitations and inherent irationality turn free trade into a prelude of war.
                  Every time

Anyway, that's just one approach but I think the answer lies in fundamental human (nationwide) nature.

I can't believe a country wouldn't just stay at home if it didn't have something concrete to gain.

Hence the fuel for any invasion/mass murder/ destabilization is always a priori self serving enterprise.

I think most of the time it's not the middle average person of either countries involved, neither the attacker nor the defender.

I understand your (that) type of thinking but I just think it's a veil (even unconscious) for concrete interests.
                  Everything is a veil for selfish interests in some ways. My interests are in a peaceful prosperous planet for me and any kids I might one day leave behind.

When people talk about national interests though, they don't always consider how quickly and in which ways the world is changing. We're at the meeting point currently between the way the world worked for hundreds of years, and a new world brought about by the globalization of information, travel and communication. There is no putting the genie back in the bottle now, the world is about to advance at a speed that is going to leave most of us shaking our heads in shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    I haven't even seen any posts by him so I doubt he is back yet. It seems a little obsessive to talk about a person who isn't here to respond.
                    He's back in about a week. As for obsessive, have you ever actually read anything on this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Oh and ignore Mobius, he's just butthurt about being called a coward and a hypocrite the other day.
                      Says the guy who ran away from the argument...

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        He's back in about a week. As for obsessive, have you ever actually read anything on this forum?
                        Yes, why is it you have such an unhealthy obsession with him? As for cowardice - does it make you feel big to run a person down who isn't here to defend himself - or rushing to claim that it was you that got him banned when my memory is otherwise...

Eh, Bentonio...?

Comment

Every time

Well, marxist philosophy is just a different way to translate interests into a socio-politcal system.
                          So please, what are you really trying to say ? That your type of thinking is better than his ?
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

DP

Aeson, do your ****. The server is sucking donkey balls

Comment

Originally posted by NICE MOBIUS View Post
                              Yes, why is it you have such an unhealthy obsession with him? As for cowardice - does it make you feel big to run a person down who isn't here to defend himself - or rushing to claim that it was you that got him banned when my memory is otherwise...

Eh, Bentonio...?
                              Get a room and get it out of your system.

Comment

Fancy joining us for a threesome?

Comment

Working...
                                X