Favorite Modern Day Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Modern Day Unit

If you could only use one of these modern day, military units, that have the ability to attack, which one would it be. This doesn't neccesarily mean any of these untis will be in Civ3
    Armor
    28.89%
    Battleship
    8.89%
    Cruise Missle
    0.00%
    Helicopter
    4.44%
    Howitzer
    17.78%
    Mech. Infantry
    4.44%
    Nuclear Missle
    15.56%
    Partisans
    4.44%
    Stealth Bomber
    13.33%
    Submarine
    2.22%
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

The armor is the best because basically its the backbone of your army. Also the ability to move three spaces really gives it the advantage in the battle field

Comment

battleship.

i *love* the navy myself, and you cant beat 12/12 :-P
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Armor is nice when your opponent has enough spunk left to meet you out in the open, but when he retreats into his fortified cities I prefer to use howitzers and bombers to eliminate the defenders before moving infantry or armor into the city. Even battleships have a problem dealing with fortified cities if the cities have even half decent defensive units.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Why bother with anything else that you have a chance of losing?

Just nuke the bastards.

Comment

Yeah, thats what i do, then use helicopters to overtake the city.
            Alex

Comment

Yeah, the Armours do all the "hard yards". And you need those mobil ground units to actually take cities. So if you are limited to one unit only, armours and helicopters are the only real choice. But even with a broad range of means, you still need plenty of armours...
              "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
              --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I agree that the Armor is the "backbone" of your army.
                High defense. High attack.

Then again you could always nuke 'em. HeHeHe
                My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
                My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Should be armour

But in civ 2 its howies. Hope they fix that in civ 3.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Howitzer because it`s extremely useful for attacking walled cities
                    Dbrat

Comment

How come the Spy isnt a choice? What a great unit. She could buy cities, steal techs, plant nukes, buy your little armor units right from under you
                      "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

I would like to say both Armor and Nuclear Missile, but I'll have to say nuclear missile as it gives you more bang for the buck.

A nuclear warhead will decimate a citys population to 1/2 AND destroy all units within four squares.

An armor costs nearly as much but is not as powerful.
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

How come the Spy isnt a choice? What a great unit. She could buy cities, steal techs, plant nukes, buy your little armor units right from under you
                          Well, there is only 10 options for a poll. I used all 10 options so there wasn't any room for a spy.
                          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

No room for a spy! Oh My! *Shame*

The spy... in my mind is a useless unit- but then again, I'm not a very good Civ III player!
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The Tank is the ultimate

The navy is boring, the air force is unuseable far away from cities (When you don't like the nay), stick to the land forces...kinda weird that I don't like the navy, but I love maps with many small islands on
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X