Are Mormons Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your options are:
    1. You already know with absolute certainty what the apostles said, therefore you already know whether or not Jesus descended into hell.
    2. You don't know for absolute certainty whether the apostles said that Jesus descended into hell, but this isn't a central tenet to your faith so ultimately you really don't care one way or the other.
    3. You don't know for absolute certainty whether the apostles said that Jesus descended into hell and this is a central tenet to your faith, in which case you'd better go about inventing a time machine or whatever so that you can clarify the apostles' stance on this question.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
      I think your options are:
      1. You already know with absolute certainty what the apostles said, therefore you already know whether or not Jesus descended into hell.
      2. You don't know for absolute certainty whether the apostles said that Jesus descended into hell, but this isn't a central tenet to your faith so ultimately you really don't care one way or the other.
      3. You don't know for absolute certainty whether the apostles said that Jesus descended into hell and this is a central tenet to your faith, in which case you'd better go about inventing a time machine or whatever so that you can clarify the apostles' stance on this question.
      It's not part of the Oral Tradition. They may have said it, and it may have happened. My gut tells me that if it happened it would be part of the Oral Tradition. Anywho, it's not a central tenet. I think it is for catholics, but I'm not sure why.

So it would be four, except I will just wait to find out when all the truth is revealed.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        Why would God have to test your intelligence?
        Why would he create a convoluted moral code where coveting a donkey is worse than raping a child?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          Why would he create a convoluted moral code where coveting a donkey is worse than raping a child?
          You should probably stop coveting donkeys and stop worrying about the other thing.

Comment

I think raping a child is considered adultery if you don't pay forty shekels and marry the child afterwards, and adultery is as bad as coveting a donkey

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
              I think raping a child is considered adultery if you don't pay forty shekels and marry the child afterwards, and adultery is as bad as coveting a donkey
              But if you pay the fourty shekels and marry the kid, it seems to be absolutely O.K.,
              at least if the kid was of the opposite gender
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

It's a surprisingly pragmatic law - if the rapist were executed for his crime then the father would be left with a non-virginal daughter who can't get married, so instead the father is compensated for his damaged property. Other ancient legal systems took things even further, e.g. I could run amok through the old Frankish kingdoms and just have to pay off a ****ton of weregild to the victims' feudal lords ("sorry for killing your serfs, here's some gold")

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  You should probably stop coveting donkeys and stop worrying about the other thing.
                  I just find it absolutely insulting that someone would try to pretend some mental retardation like Christianity is the result of an omnipotent being

it just begs the question, am I smarter than God?

not the real God, obviously... but this Christian bull**** lololol
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

and i feel sorry for the sad pathetic lumps of **** who rely on this garbage for strength or hope or whatever

mental midgets
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I just find it absolutely insulting that someone would try to pretend some mental retardation like Christianity is the result of an omnipotent being

it just begs the question, am I smarter than God?

not the real God, obviously... but this Christian bull**** lololol
                      Yes, one would assume that a nice god would have, already in old times,
                      told his believers that it doesn´t matter whether the Hymen of a woman is intact or not,
                      but rather it is the love between a man and a woman(or man and man, or woman and woman), that counts
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

and i feel sorry for the sad pathetic lumps of **** who rely on this garbage for strength or hope or whatever

mental midgets
                        I feel sorry for fools who insist on flapping their gums and proving what fools they are.

Comment

What a stupid question.

The next poll should be "Are homosexuals Christians?"

or "Are pedophiles Christians" /zoophiles/necrophiles - you name it.

Comment

F*cking zombie zoo.

Comment

It's ****ing sect. Like many other sects. Simple as that. They have as much common with Christianity as ISIS has with Islam.

Comment

Who gets to decide what is and isn't a sect? Aside from The Wise And All-Knowing Serb, I mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X