british riots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• british riots

So in the news there were protests from british students who shouted the, self evident, slogan: free education, tax the rich.

Quite correct.

What made my jaw drop was the info that studying in the UK costs 9.000 pounds a freaking year

Still cheaper than the US

Comment

How much is it in the US?

Comment

According to the College Board, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2014–2015 school year was $31,231 at private colleges, $9,139 for state residents at public colleges, and $22,958 for out-of-state residents attending public universities.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Quite a lot of that will never be paid.

Fund it all on student loans. If your job after graduation doesn't pay much, you pay nothing- or not a great deal. A few ex-students I know have, after spending 10-15 years paying very little of it, received letters offering to write the rest off if just a portion of it is paid in a lump sum.

This means the taxpayer still picks up the bill, but the Tories can claim they don't.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
            Quite a lot of that will never be paid.

Fund it all on student loans. If your job after graduation doesn't pay much, you pay nothing- or not a great deal. A few ex-students I know have, after spending 10-15 years paying very little of it, received letters offering to write the rest off if just a portion of it is paid in a lump sum.

This means the taxpayer still picks up the bill, but the Tories can claim they don't.
            Just like immigration at Dover. Zero tolerance at the border, let them smuggle themselves in instead. Can pretend there are no immigrants.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X