China ending one child policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China ending one child policy

China decides to end its decades-long policy of allowing couples to have only one child, increasing the number permitted to two.

Now it's a two child policy

People give China a hard time over their apparent lack of commitment to tackling climate change...

IIRC estimates are that without China's one child policy, there would be an extra ~375 million people in the world today.

Comment

they weren't thinking about co2 when they did that

don't be an idiot
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I am given to understand that China's one-child policy was implemented rather horrifically, but I'm very much in favor of the idea that we should manage population growth. Doing so (effectively) means fewer children born to ****ty parents and more resources we can allocate per person (unless economic growth as a function of population is faster than population growth itself; **** you I don't know anything about economics).
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

if lowering global birthrate is a goal worth achieving, the US has the power to achieve it

marshall plan the whole world

first worlder's don't have a dozen kids
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Doing so (effectively) means fewer children born to ****ty parents

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              they weren't thinking about co2 when they did that

don't be an idiot
              They were thinking about methane.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                What, you like child abuse?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                X