Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have IBS or other stomach problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have IBS or other stomach problems?

I was wondering if any of my POly friends also suffer from tummy issues.

I had to go to a hospital few days back beause my stomach swell up bad. I was sweating from pain, could not sleep for 3 days. I knew it was not the appendix and had no fever so I figured it was air that is stuck. Because that hurts like hell as well. As the gas travels around your stomach, the pain radiates in different places and it is unpleasant.

I did what I have done in the past, got some laxatives and tried it out, stopped eating totally some items... did not work, went to a hospital just in case. Nothing was found so they gave me some extra strong laxatives once the issue of bowel being blocked was outruled or any other more serious condition (swelling of the bowels, internal bleeding, etc.). Finally, I figured I'd get me some enemas, as those tend to help if all else fails. So I got'em and did not use the first one and results, relief. Now it's goign up and down. Getting back gassy and loose like a rollercoaster of bowel issues.

Any of you have bowel issues and how do you deal with it? What helped you? Diet? I am thinking of getting rid of all grain and see if it helps. Or try glutein free diet. Not sure yet, I kind of like food and the ones I make tend to have them - but it might be the problem.

And it is painful when it hits, it limits, like I have to stay at home and I can work but I won't be available at all times.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Yes. Diarrhea most mornings, 3-4 times at least. Then I'm good after a few hours
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I sometimes get cramps with hard stool followed by diarrhea, but never for three days, maybe a few hours.

I would take an occult blood test if I were you.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

My gut got wrecked after a round of antibiotics

Been struggling to get a good balance. I forget to take the probiotic stuff. It helps a lot.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I consult Tobin's spirit guide for all occult matters.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There is a presence in this thread. Carol Anne? Is that you?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They took all tests (blood, urine) MRId my stomach, fingered my butt (that's what they live for, right). Nothing. But that's good. They just say well, this happens sometimes. I take strong probiotics, regularly. I've had stress as of lately, and dietary issues, a little deviance plus sleep issues. I've gone onto a work binge as I am also finishing up my dissertation so I've been going on like a maniac and not taking enough care of myself. It is very annoying. I think my stomach is not in balance (obviously). I just hope some sort of homeostasis is soon found. Now I'm down to vegetables, fish, water and probiotics. And eggs. That's it. Plus berries. Better work out soon.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Do you have IBS or other stomach problems?

Only after I eat.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I've acid reflux, so I take generic Prilosec
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                    They took all tests (blood, urine) MRId my stomach, fingered my butt (that's what they live for, right).
                    Your butt specifically, or in general?
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                    X