The Worst of the Worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst of the Worst

I think we can agree (except for idiots), that politicians are horrible, exceptionally horrible. All of them.

So who's the worst and why? Any country. Any time. What lies? How many? What idiots have they pandered to? How much suffering have they caused?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I think we can agree (except for idiots), that politicians are horrible, exceptionally horrible. All of them.

So who's the worst and why? Any country. Any time. What lies? How many? What idiots have they pandered to? How much suffering have they caused?
    Politicking is horrible business but I certainly don't agree that politicians are horrible in general let alone exceptionally horrible. If we had some kind of random selection system like the draft to select our politicians I doubt the quality of the politicians and their actions would improve much, if at all.

I suppose the worst politician ever could be Adolf Hitler. We might dredge up a record that someone might argue is as bad but nobody who will be unambiguously worse.

The worst politician alive today? If any office holder and not just holders of an elected office, maybe Kim Jong-un would qualify as the worst alive that I know of.

If they have to be a politician who has been elected by the general electorate to their office and is still alive, I can easily think of plenty of appalling examples but I'll need some time to settle on which is the worst of these as they have all been overshadowed dead or unelected office holders in depravity. Maybe that's a good sign?
    Last edited by Geronimo; October 23, 2015, 16:07. Reason: no contest

Comment

Ok. There's some that maybe weren't/aren't that horrible (in a general sense). Jimmy Carter was a respectable person at one time, in my book. But then he wasn't an effective politician. He only won the presidency because he ran against Ford. There are probably others who are decent. But then, as you mention there are those as horrible as Hitler, as close to as horrible as Hitler. How many would have liked to do those types of things but didn't have what it takes to do it? I don't know how many average Joes are capable of that.

Comment

There exists a level of **** that a human can become. Once this point is reached, it becomes a fruitless exercise, debating the severity of ****titude.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

George Bush was pretty bad. Falsely claimed that Iraq was developing nuclear weapons and then started an unnecessary war that wasted lots of money and lives and didn't benefit anyone except for Iran, terrorists and military contractors.

Comment

So, what kind of copycat threads are we going to see here? Worst of the Hearsts (I assume Patty wins), or Worst of the Wursts (liver) or Worst of the Worsteds (inferior yarn)? Or something else?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Tamerlane was kind of a dick, so I'm voting for him
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Idi Amin
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What about that jackass in Zimbabwe?

Comment

was that an extra on the dvd?
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                    X