No announcement yet.

Lethal school . . . stabbing? slashing? fencing? . . . in Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rewatched Voyager recently, it improved more than I remembered, although the first few years were weak. I found the characters more generic than annoying.

I am rewatching Enterprise now, and there were some solid episodes in the first season. My problem when it first aired was that it had a lot of potential and blew it. They had an opportunity to show the initial development of the Federation and the gradual change in relationship with the Vulcans. The episodes with the Andorians realized that potential in small bursts, but then they would just recycle races that they had met for the first time in other series many years later, and the unnecessary and pointless temporal cold war.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I wanted to see a Star Trek show from the point of view of the Klingons. Kill, rape and pillage only to have Kirk show up and thwart them.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

The reboots were more action films using the same characters. The original series always relied more on SF future concepts. Which it kind of had to because of budget issues. Half the time they didn't have the budget to even leave the ship. But what makes it Star Trek is the characters and their interactions, and the reboot did that just fine.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          ... Half the time they didn't have the budget to even leave the ship. ...
          And almost all of the time they had no way to create real (non humanoid) aliens ...
          perhaps the only exception being Horta (this rock being)

Which later resulted in interesting attempts to explain why the universe is ruled by humanoids
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

There were a few others that were more pure energy.
            Cheap to produce.

Or they just appeared as humanoid.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah yes, you´re right ... and now that I think of it ... there was also this huge space amoeba or space paramecium, that tried to swallow the whole Enterprise
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Or the energy glow that loved the early space explorer marooned on that planet.
                Or the insects that appeared humanoid from their wands.
                Or the episode with the bratty kid who was currently unsupervised by his energy based parents

But yeah, no budget so they had to do it on the cheap.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X