Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran settlers/engineers

What is the advantage?
    I guess they defend a little better but do they work faster?
    I havn't noticed a speed up in work times but then again I don't really pay much attention.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

An engineer would go from 2d to 3d, but I don't think (that late in the game, at least) that you are going to be having many things losing to engineers. And veteran status wouldn't have an effect on work time since it only effects the Attack-defense of units.

Right?

------------------
    SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
    -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
    "It's just a flesh wound!"
    - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Check out my 1602 A.D. site

Comment

Yeah, I don't think there really is any point, you'd have to be pretty desperate to make an engineer defend anyway.
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

well vet status makes dips and spys more likely to succeed and makes triremes less likely to sink so I wondered if it had a "special" effect on settlers engineers.I guess I could easily cheat menu it and see who mines faster if anybody.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I've had vet settlers (surviving warrior attacks, or, on one occasion, surviving a horseman attack because he was on a hill) and their status hasn't improved their workrate. Lazy bastards.

------------------
          finbar
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I think they spent too much time leaning on their shovels bragging about seeing off the horsies.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 08-03-2000 12:32 AM
              well vet status makes dips and spys more likely to succeed

just curious - has anyone ever had a vet diplomat without using the cheat menu? having STWA and barracks doesn't allow vet diplomats to be built (or spies either but there are other ways to get vet spies), and I can only remember 1 time in all my time with Civ II that one of my dips survived an assault and became a vet that way.

------------------
              April Cantor: Sire, in order to expand further we must first gain favor of the King

SCG: darn, I've never really got the hang of that tribute thing, guess it will be a long time until i make prince

*goes off and starts gifting gold and techs*
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I think they should give walled cities
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

A veteran engineer should know enough to build superhighways right off the bat.

They eat too much anyway. Why can't we make them go on a diet?
                  If you can not think of a good reason to build something other than a caravan, build a caravan!

Comment

I have had vet diplomats - I think it must have been the communism thing (achieved throught the Statue). I only ever used them for embassies and investigating before they got upgraded, so I did not notice any performance improvement.

Comment

In the MAC version ALL ground units are veterans with War Academy.Including diplomats,caravans and settlers.

Comment

Truly ruly? I'd better build Sun Tzu next time and have a look. The things you never notice.

------------------
                        finbar
                        Mono Rules!
                        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                        X