Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the worst person you've ever met in real life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the worst person you've ever met in real life?

Not just somebody you saw in passing or whatever, but somebody you had an actual conversation with or something along those lines.

I had an acquaintance who had his toddler taken away because he and his girlfriend were consuming too much heroin instead of feeding their kid, and he then assaulted his neighbor who had called family services on him. At the time that I met him he and his girlfriend were still consuming heroin, he was still pissed that his kid was taken away, and he was still pissed at his neighbor (though he didn't plan on assaulting him again).
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

I am going to ignore a lot of people, including people close to me/etc.

Here is a story of a pretty terrible person.

At UMD there was an older man who would often hang out at a coffee shop where lots of the college students would frequent. It was a very popular place (especially among hipster and left types and such people). It was also open all night, sold alcohol, and had students at basically all hours. Just by hanging out there, one could get invited to some pretty wild college parties. The older man was friends with the owner, and was older than his 20s (maybe even in his 40s, but could have been in his 30s, he wasn't a student). I spent a lot of time at the coffee shop, and talked to him a few times when no one more interesting was there. He mentioned several times that his father was apparently some wealthy business owner, he expected me to know the company but I didn't really. He seemed like a normal person for such a place, not a terrible person.

At one point I was at one of the wild college parties with some friends (I think one of them knew the host, but maybe none of us did, I certainly didn't. This was during the time of my life that I would go to one of these parties with a bottle of Jameson and drink it; now I am not interested in such parties or such drinking), one of which was a woman. He was also there, I didn't really talk to him but he tried numerous times to hit on my friend including times when I was there. She always put him off very nicely, but to me was obviously annoyed with him.

One point she started to walk away from him and he started shouting at her that he could buy her or own her or something like that. I was amazed. I never spoke to him on purpose again and left to catch up with my friend.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

There's a place you can go to at UMD where you just get invited to wild parties? Oh god I'm doing this college thing wrong.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

2005ish, if you spent evenings/nights there and would go stand near groups of people talking sometimes, yes.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Loin, addiction can be a pretty ugly thing which leads people to do some irrational things. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he cleans himself up that he turns out to be an entirely different person.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've met addicts who were remorseful over what they had done to feed their addictions - he was somewhat unique in his complete lack of remorse and failure to acknowledge that his actions had been in any way irrational/awful. For example, he wasn't at all concerned that his kid might have starved if his neighbor hadn't called family services, because his kid was his property and he could dispose of him however he wished.
            Last edited by loinburger; October 7, 2015, 21:59.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I honestly have never really met anyone bad.

Comment

Kevin Rudd
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  Kevin Rudd

Are you still traumatised?

Comment

Met some vile people, like the biker who was always in our local rock pub. Guy was always off somehow, and in a place with some hard bastards, he was someone you kept an especial distance from. One night (I was away thankfully) a guy with learning issues who thought the guy was his friend said something unwise, leading to the guy smashing a pint glass on the bar and sticking it in his throat. Luckily there was a nurse in the bar, otherwise he'd have bled out there and then.

There was another guy everyone just called Mex because he had a big beard and looked a bit Mexican. I got on well with him and his wife, until I found out he'd done a stretch for murder and was apparently a ****ing psycho.

Comment

One manager in a firm I was working at a long time ago.

He only became manager due to lucky circumstances.
                      At work he banged his secretary, while his pregnant wife (with whom hed also already had one or two childs, IIRC) was sitting at home.

His workers were treated not all too well, which also ways among ther reasons while there were asyeveral complaints about him in the workers council of the company ... one., for example, about him treating adult persons like little children.

He also was involved in the plan that gradually turned the company into a worse workplace than it was before ... where they used tricks in order to be able to pay workers below the tarrifs that had been negotiated w2ith the industrial unions. With the result that the good people only stayed a short while in this company and left as soon as possible, resulting in a high turnaround of workers.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        I've met addicts who were remorseful over what they had done to feed their addictions - he was somewhat unique in his complete lack of remorse and failure to acknowledge that his actions had been in any way irrational/awful. For example, he wasn't at all concerned that his kid might have starved if his neighbor hadn't called family services, because his kid was his property and he could dispose of him however he wished.
                        I think in many cases you're right, bit not always. People can totally change, or they can be the clean and sober version of the jerk they were, or they can be a little of both. My grandfather was a little of both. He helped me with college, something he never would have done if he weren't sober.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          I think in many cases you're right, bit not always. People can totally change, or they can be the clean and sober version of the jerk they were, or they can be a little of both. My grandfather was a little of both. He helped me with college, something he never would have done if he weren't sober.
                          This is true. Unfortunately there is a small minority that are just so completely broken that they will always be bad. I'm a big believer in rehabilitation and suchlike, but for some people nothing is going to suddenly provide them with the human empathy they lack.

Comment

honestly, i can't think of anyone

most of the "bad" people I know are just incompetent and fail to meet their obligations to my standards
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ambrosio ANALCO RAMIREZ. I had dealings with him off and on before he went off the deep end.

Murderpedia, the free online encyclopedic dictionary of murderers. The largest database about serial killers, mass murderers and spree killers around the world

One that is still alive and I talk to every couple of weeks: Steven Zilich

A detective testified in Wisconsin court Thursday that Steven Zelich told him he killed the two women accidentally after rough sex and put their remains in suitcases

I took that mugshot BTW.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X