Can Pol: Federal Election 2015. Yes, We're Still Here Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people with Canadian dual citizenship were next to be disenfranchised

That's the comment I find out in the twilight zone.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hi NYE - just checking back in. Things are going well on my end. But Poly does not run well on my old browser.

Vancouver was part of the red tide. Contrary to the national trend, Vancouver Island experienced the orange crush.

Mr. Trudeau has two bachelor degrees. He tried twice to study for an advanced degree and twice he dropped out. Nothing on his resume to suggest a national leader, but he was a French and math teacher. In my estimation is of average intelligence, probably below each of the other four leaders. He is suitable to continue to be a French and math teacher, but he has good speaking skills and for many people there is magic in the last name.

We could do worse I suppose, and hopefully there will be people in his cabinet with enough understanding of demographics and economics to realize that now is not the right time to run deficits.

Comment

We could do worse than a Liberal Ronnie Reagan. As you say, the key is the team. Hopefully he's smart enough to know that. It's something the Liberals have been good at actually, building teams. His father was brought into politics as a wise man joining a team. That era also brought up or brought in Martin and Chretien.

It's pretty obvious that Justin is the product of a team, and that he listens to them. To what ends he'll put it remains to be seen. Structural deficits, I agree. Short term deficits to help the country get over the energy hangover might not be out of line though.

A wider open door to immigration can help fix demographics. One of Harper's major failures was the temporary worker program. WTF were we stealing a page from Dubai? If they're needed, welcome them and hope they stick around with their life savings. That's among the reasons I'm not unhappy to see Harper go, and no, not even as an Albertan who lived through the 80s and the part the NEP played in that will I believe the son guilty of the sins of the father. I'll give Trudeau the Younger a chance and see what he does before I have an aneurysm.

Glad things are good over there on the wet coast. You should get your browser fixed so you can stick around and watch the depths of depravity in these environs. They are many and varied. We could talk too.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
          Which riding would an expatriate be a part of?
          France has a special constituency for expats.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
            Elba?
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              And?

We don't take many lessons from the home of revolutions gone horribly wrong.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Gee... now that Harper isn't in power, we won't have 'boots on the ground' 'training and advising' in Syria.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  Gee... now that Harper isn't in power, we won't have 'boots on the ground' 'training and advising' in Syria.

Also, now that we again have a Trudeau as PM we can look forward to the tanks rolling into Montreal.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                    And?

We don't take many lessons from the home of revolutions gone horribly wrong.
                    It's one possibility for expat ballots?
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                      Seems really lax. Something like 3.5% of the market. Booo!

And the GoC will compensate the industry to the tune of billions for 10 years. ****ing parasites! (Dairy and chicken farmers, not the GoC; they're a different form of vermin).
                      How is it Canada keeps getting away with stuff like this and no one ever seems to hold them accountable? How is this not just rank protectionism?
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm guessing it was grandfathered in when Canada joined the WTO.

edit: actually given that the EU and US refuse to stop protecting agriculture I can see why Canada is getting away with the same thing.

Comment

Yeah, but we do it the most idiotic way possible. Every Canadian pays 2 or 3 times the market price for basic, common consumables.

Low income families in the US likely are not subsidizing domestic agribusiness. In Canada they are, directly. Retarded!
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

I hear stores in Seattle get flooded by Canadians looking for cheap gasoline and discount dairy products.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah. I've heard that Walmarts near the border have to stock a lot more milk so some is there for the locals after the plague of locusts from Terrence and Philip Land depart.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

^ actually true, not a joke.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X