No announcement yet.

2016 NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavaliers packed their tents yesterday. They will be fortunate to win even one at this point.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      Are you claiming that was Cleveland's best?
      No, but that wasn't Golden State's best either.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Golden State probably in 4. Looks like they are back on track.
        Originally posted by Aeson
        I think it will be a close series, with close games for the most part. I would pick Cleveland in 6.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
          No, but that wasn't Golden State's best either.
          Cleveland laid an egg.

Comment

Tonight will be a true test of the character.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yep. Looked like the Cavs gave up in game 2, if they can win game 3 though, there's still hope for a series.

Comment

So I was definitely wrong about the close games. Not sure if a 30 point win is the best thing for Cleveland at this point, might light a fire under the Warriors in game 4 ... but it was a strong showing on their part.

Comment

Well they can't win in six now but they redeemed themselves in game 3. Back to San Fran.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

No team has come back from down 1-3 in the finals
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yah. Almost surely over in 5. Warriors would have to choke even worse than OKC did for this series to continue past 5.

4 was the best game of the series at least. Curry finally had a good game and Cleveland played well until the last few minutes. One decent game in the series ... quite a disappointment.

Comment

Well it looks the NBA is up for trying to extend the series an extra game with the suspension.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A tech 1 for intentionally hitting another player in the groin seems fair. James was at fault too, but it doesn't justify Draymond's action.

Even if extending the series was the NBAs intent, its as likely to backfire as to help. It'll fire up the Warriors and the crowd. No chance now for the Cavs to catch the Warriors taking the win for granted.

Comment

Draymond Green's excuse was that he "felt disrespected" when James stepped over him.

I understand that there's a "respect code" that goes from playground to pros, but it's a pretty weak excuse for losing your cool in the NBA finals. If anything, it's the Warriors who are not treating the Cavs with due respect, mostly because they know damn well that they will win the series.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I saw the whole thing, Lebron wasn't even touched. Draymon was pushed down, Lebron steps over him.

A suspension is a massive overreaction to a real nothingburger.

Comment

Watch the replay (especially the opposite end camera) and Green clearly throws his right arm up to hit James in the groin area.

Comment

Working...
                                X