No announcement yet.

2016 NBA Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Blake does it again http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...jury/79337378/
    They're certainly lucky that they seem to play better without him. (maybe they should take the hint.)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And now that we are the league finals...

No Surprise that Cleveland is looking strong. Up 3 - 2 over the unexpected Raptors, the should advance to the finals.

And while it's no surprise the Golden State is defending their title, it is a surprise that they find themselves down 3 - 1 to OKC.

I bet I know who Cleveland is hoping for
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, what a shame if Golden State doesn't even make the finals. It will take the luster off their record breaking season.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's what the sports radio talking heads were commenting on.
          How can they claim to the best team ever if they don't win a Championship.

Now granted, the Chicago talking heads are claiming that even they win, they shouldn't be considered the best team ever (Home town bias) because the Bulls just roared through the play offs that year, never in danger of losing, and only suffering one loss in the playoffs that anybody could consider bad.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Yeah, what a shame if Golden State doesn't even make the finals. It will take the luster off their record breaking season.
            OKC is not a joke. They beat the Spurs. Probably, sadly the last game for Tim Duncan. What a helluva career.

If he does retire, he'll be the third best centre of all time - behind Wilt and Kareem.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Nobody said OKC was a joke. They are a good team. But it's hard to claim you are the best team of all time when you don't even make it to the finals, no matter who you played.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

If he does retire, he'll be the third best centre of all time - behind Wilt and Kareem.
                You mean if he plays another year he won't be. Huh

But anyway, don't even say 3rd best till he's won 11 championships like Bill Russell (11 out of 14 seasons with the Celtics.)
                While Tim was a better offensive player, Bill was the better defensive player and his team won a lot more. (spurs were what, 5 out of 19)
                IMO A case could be made for both but I think a majority would lean towards Bill.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Tim Duncan is arguably the greatest power forward of all time.

He played the majority of his career at PF, and 12 of his All-Star selections - including all of his prime years - were at that position. The Spurs have listed him at PF for nearly his entire career.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, I'd be more likely to go along with that one
                    Malone maybe but he never won the big one.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But anyway, don't even say 3rd best till he's won 11 championships like Bill Russell (11 out of 14 seasons with the Celtics.)
                      Teams that played - 14, 12, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8,

In the seasons they didn't win, they beat out 6 teams, and 4 teams. So, in total, Bill Russell beat out 103 teams (since they can't beat themselves), which is the equivalent of 3 championships and a conference finals appearance in the modern era.

While Tim was a better offensive player, Bill was the better defensive player and his team won a lot more. (spurs were what, 5 out of 19)
                      Duncan has probably beaten out more teams than anyone in the history of basketball, as the modern era has more teams.

As for Russell, yeah, he's the greatest defensive player, ever. But Duncan actually has more value in Defense as offense. 5th or 6th all time in win shares, behind Wilt, Kareem, Malone and some dude who played for the Bulls.

IMO A case could be made for both but I think a majority would lean towards Bill.
                      Bill was good, but Duncan is better. And I don't think Malone gets enough credit.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Tim Duncan is arguably the greatest power forward of all time.

He played the majority of his career at PF, and 12 of his All-Star selections - including all of his prime years - were at that position. The Spurs have listed him at PF for nearly his entire career.
                        Depends if you count playoff win shares. I haven't done the math for Duncan vs Malone, but Malone has more win shares for his career in the regular season, and he played forever.

Yeah, I don't think it's enough. Duncan has about 4k more points in the playoffs, but is about 10k down in the regular season to Malone.
                        Last edited by Ben Kenobi; May 27, 2016, 15:39.

Comment

In the seasons they didn't win, they beat out 6 teams, and 4 teams. So, in total, Bill Russell beat out 103 teams (since they can't beat themselves), which is the equivalent of 3 championships and a conference finals appearance in the modern era.
                          That's just silly math

Are you really saying that San Antonio's 5 championships during his time is more impressive than the Celts 11 out of 14. (including 8 in a row) San Antonio hasn't been able to win their 5 team division 8 times in a row
                          I hope you're not teaching those poor kids math.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's just silly math
                            All but two of the championships were in leagues with fewer than 10 teams in them. Today, to win a conference championship you have to beat 15 teams.

Are you really saying that San Antonio's 5 championships during his time is more impressive than the Celts 11 out of 14. (including 8 in a row) San Antonio hasn't been able to win their 5 team division 8 times in a row
                            Yes, just as the Bulls 6 championships are more impressive than the 11 out of 14.

I hope you're not teaching those poor kids math.
                            The Bulls beat 162 teams to earn their 6 championships.

The Spurs beat 143 teams to earn their 5 championships, which is again, more than Russell.

Comment

The 17 Celtic championships have beaten out 221 teams, which is a significant gap up on the Bulls having 6 of their own. But 8 Bulls championships > 17 Celtic Championships.

Comment

Then how come San Antonio could even win it's division 8 time in a row. That's only 4 other teams.
                                You can't use that kind of math to determine which was better. In the end you still have to win no matter how many other teams.
                                It can be an indicator but not the definitive answer.

And how come if you go online and look up 20 dynasty rating sites
                                almost all of them have that Celt and Bull's teams 1 and 2 depending on the site but they usually list San Antonio THIRD. (again not definitive, except to show that not many people use your silly math to judge)
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X