Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IF the US had left Japan to its own direction after WWII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color me confused here. Are you seriously suggesting that the events in Iraq from 2003 to 2008 are in some sense Obama's fault?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

hold on... beating ahhhhzzz into a pulp in other thread... BRB

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Color me confused here. Are you seriously suggesting that the events in Iraq from 2003 to 2008 are in some sense Obama's fault?
        If I understand MWHC correctly, he suggests that it was Clintons fault
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well, it was as much Clinton's fault as Obama's.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

hmmm... maybe some. it's every president who 'plays' with the same issue and nothing gets done. NK is Clinton's fault if you want to say it. but some joker (maybe trump) will end up dealing with it. who's to blame.

the hard part was done. other countries... agreed/were bought/bullied... whatever, the war was over and the US was the player in a big area. Obama pissed it away. Bush did good I guess (me as Monday moring quarterback). It was really cheney, he was good!

I need a drink. hey! this aint bad from me tonight comsifering how much.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
              but factor in only a week. the point was Iraq and japan were in no condition to continue to the fight.
              The Iraqi government wasn't, but obviously the insurgents still were.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                The Iraqi government wasn't, but obviously the insurgents still were.
                oh please... before the real reduction in troops, the insurgents were nothing more than gangs. nothing LAPD couldn't handle.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV View Post
                  your first argue didn't impress me... so I stopped reading.

"Japan was a burned-out hulk at the end of WWII; many of its cities had been firebombed, two of them nuked, its military gutted. Iraq was taken after a pitifully short war, and instead of being killed most of its military, especially the brass, just wound up unemployed. And they had lots of guns."

There was nothing left of Iraq (just because it only took a week makes no difference)... the US stopped the bombing of death (highway) because it was so bad.

next thread.
                  The Highway of Death was from the 1st Gulf War in 1991, where the US and coalition forces incinerated retreating Iraqi forces. They had 13 years to reconstitute their forces by the time Operation Iraqi Freedom started.

Comment

I'm sure there is some point in the last butt kicking the US dealt out that would fulfill in making my point.

Comment

Back to a Japan alternate history: in the ruins of the society it could have gone communist. Japanese communists were a bad bunch. A communist China united Communist Korea and a pissed off communist Japan would have been a nightmare. Although I realize getting those guys to work together on anything would have been a challenge.
                      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Japan would be red. Communinjas
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

MWHC is obviously trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                            So, I don´t think it would be impossible with other islamist countries ... but I guess it would take time ... and democracy would have to be protected for long enough, so the population becomes accustomed to the freedoms of democracy and will fight against any powers who want to take their freedoms away from them again
                            It sure as hell will not be imposed by external powers. Change will have to come from withtin and ironically, the only place where I see that happening is Iran.
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
                              The Highway of Death was from the 1st Gulf War in 1991, where the US and coalition forces incinerated retreating Iraqi forces. They had 13 years to reconstitute their forces by the time Operation Iraqi Freedom started.
                              There you go, interrupting silly tirades with facts!

I prefer MWHC's silliness and Obama-blaming. It is so much more amusing than the truth.
                              The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                              - A. Lincoln

Comment

All reasons I surely think he must be trolling

Comment

Working...
                                X