Danish Politician Convicted of Racism For Offending Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giblets View Post
    By what mechanism is it "centralizing your heat in your bladder"? Are you talking about the energy expenditure of muscles that keep urine in the bladder? How many calories a day do you think someone could burn by holding urine in their bladder instead of letting it out?
    Off topic but :
    The body will divert blood flow as the temperature drops so the most important parts stay warm the longest. This keeps the blood in the rest of the body from becoming cold and allowing the body's core to be protected for longer. When blood flow is gone from the extremities for too long, the cells die. Depending on the severity of the damage, new cells will either replace the old or that part of the body is lost to frost bite.

In conditions when the body starts to lose more heat than it can easily generate to keep all parts at the normal 37°C it will start to allow the extremities, fingers, toes, ears, nose, and cheeks start to get cooler.There is still a blood flow to these body parts, but not as much flows as does normally. In order to keep the extremities at normal body temperature, greater blood flow would be required which would bring cooled blood back to the body core so cooling the body even further. The extremities have a high surface area/volume ratio, so they lose heat very easily.

source: http://www.coolantarctica.com/Antarc...old_humans.php

Edit add: Your body will naturally protect your most important internal organs by directing the heat there. The fuller your bladder gets more urine is produced, thus more water is directed to your bladder. True it's a theory, but so is my question in this thread on whether criminalizing hate speech is helpful or harmful?
    Last edited by My Hubby Loves Civ; August 18, 2015, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by My Hubby Loves Civ View Post
      Edit add: Your body will naturally protect your most important internal organs by directing the heat there.
      Yes but do you have any evidence for a full bladder significantly affecting blood flow? I'm guessing the muscles controlling the bladder account for a very tiny fraction of the body's total demand for oxygen and nutrients. I don't see how relieving your bladder and letting go of that warm liquid is supposed to help your body conserve heat. I guess you could urinate into a cup and then drink the urine to keep the heat inside you.

The fuller your bladder gets more urine is produced, thus more water is directed to your bladder. True it's a theory, but so is my question in this thread on whether criminalizing hate speech is helpful or harmful?
      I'm pretty sure the rate of urine output falls as your bladder gets more full, otherwise your body would just keep producing more urine until your bladder bursts or you involuntarily wet yourself.

Comment

It may seem like Giblets is picking on you here, new gal, but relax; he's just taking the piss.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          That's quite a massive "I forgot one word" mistake. By doing so, he basically called for the genocide of 1.5 billion people.
          Hitler wasn't stopped by genocide.

Comment

And ... yes it's a stupid, horrible thing to say. No, he shouldn't get fined for it. Though he should be recalled (or whatever Danes do to politicians they want to get rid of) ... but then again so should most politicians. The fine is taking over where Hitler left off

Comment

It's Dinner. He's a big time bigot, so he may think that.
              Hog wash. There is a meme pushed by the right wing in America that religious belief is beyond question and can never be made fun off. It is an irrational belief just like any other and it is not sacred or beyond reproach. If someone says something stupid then they deserve to be made fun of and the irrationality of their position exposed.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                THANK YOU.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Hog wash. There is a meme pushed by the right wing in America that religious belief is beyond question and can never be made fun off. It is an irrational belief just like any other and it is not sacred or beyond reproach. If someone says something stupid then they deserve to be made fun of and the irrationality of their position exposed.
                    You said it in response to an OP quote that was suggesting that Muslims should be killed...
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Um... how was Hitler stopped? By going after him and attempting to kill him. And the Dane is trying to assert that Muslims should be subject to the same process. So what do you call it when you go after a group of people linked by religion and attempt to kill them?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Um... how was Hitler stopped? By going after him and attempting to kill him. And the Dane is trying to assert that Muslims should be subject to the same process. So what do you call it when you go after a group of people linked by religion and attempt to kill them?

Comment

Theocide?
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Wait. Imran, you think a guy saying he thinks the proper response to Muslims doing terror(which is what I guess this guy spoke about?) is to wage war against them(like several others say regarding ISIS), is equal to a call for genocide? How stupid is that.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So you are just as racist as the Dane. I'm shocked.

Comment

I am curious - there were a bunch of radical Jews in Israel who recently burned down a church (now they were loudly decried by the Israeli government, mind). But what if a Christian bishop said: "Jews continue where Hitler stopped. Only the same treatment that Hitler got will change the situation"...

Comment

Working...
                                X