How much hell should I give her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much hell should I give her?

A reporter contacted me, saying she found my cancer project and got excited.

She said she has an active campagn going on where she takes up on challenges, comes with and documents it.

I checked her out and it seems she is one of the more high profile bloggers, a professional writer and regularly appears on women's magazines.

Not my audience, but I could promote the walk again. After all, if I get it right, I could raise more money for the charity and that's the point. So, female bloggers with big audience is a good thing. She's also got sponsors, so that's always good.

She's done some demanding challenges in the past, so she is in good shape and I think she can take a lot.

So I figured I'd throw a curve ball and do a tough hike, 250km in a weekend, So that is abotu 160 miles. That means, on average we'd go over 50 miles every day with backbags. It's rough.

What do you think? I think I should give her hell. I mean she wants to find out what it's all about and overcome a challenge. Why not this? We can't really sleep too much either. Maybe we can sleep once, or few naps. Probably few naps to mitigate some of the bigger injury risks but that is it.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

So the question is, do you think this is enough? I know I cannot go much further in only 3 days. I had an idea, we coudl try to sneak into Russia and back. Or not. Add some extra challenge.

Also if you can think of ideas how to leverage this into better sponsorships to get some money for the charity, let me know.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

160 miles seems like a lot. Maybe start her off a little easier.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sneaking into Russia probably isn't high on your Good Ideas list.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think Pekka, as the supercitizen, has free pass and immunity in all countries

Comment

How much hell can you take?
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I can take 180 miles. I think she might be able to do that as well. Granted that we will prepare. I won't let her quit. I will motivate her to continue on. But it is true, it's a lot for me. Or anyone.

But I think that at the moment, sneaking into Russia is probably not a great idea. I would have to persuade them to understand I am not a spy. I think I would have to prove it by holding an ice stick in my ass, and we know that is, in fact, impossible.
              In da butt.

Comment

But would that not make great stories? "So... what do you do for fun?" "oh me? I sneak into Russia few times a month as a hobby".
                In da butt.

Comment

"What do you do for fun? Oh me? I get caught sneaking into Russia, and lose custody of my kids because I'm locked up in a Russian prison instead of at home where I need to be".

Comment

kentonio, you're no fun! Playing it safe, you know if everyone played it safe, we wouldn't have airplanes, or computers! What would you do then? I know, you wouldn't be playing awesome games, or posting here, or flying in the air! Sometimes you have to do things that are out of your comfort zone.
                    In da butt.

Comment

So do your 165 miles wearing a dress or something, but sneaking into Russia at the moment ain't your smartest idea my inspirational friend.

Comment

I doubt anything would happen.
                        Maybe at first they'd suspect him but when they find out he's supercitizen they'll start a sensational campaign about how the supercitizen decided to honour the lands of their country etc and make a parade for him in Moscow
                        It's win - win.

Comment

They'd probably try to scare me with a 24h lock up, take my ID and tell me all kinds of things how I'm not going ot get out, and yes I'd be scared... that I'll miss an episode of orange is the new black! Nah, they'd let me go and give me a big fine.

Would it not be crazy to be a cause of an international faux pas that leads into rising tensions? Everytime they'd let me go I'd just run deeper into Russia only to be arrested yet again? Or not.

I've bene thinking of cycling through RUssia, or an area of Russia once in my life. This is not the time though. I find it fascinating, in a weird way. It's a big place, lots of people. Bears, vodka, AK 47s, cops, pretty women... why not?
                          In da butt.

Comment

Why would anyone think that the Russians would do anything to raise tensions? That's just silly.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

They have switched to the AK-74 now.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X