Spoiler Alert:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler Alert:

Civ: BE isn't currently compatible with Windows ten.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

What about compatibility mode?
    (if Win 10 still has this)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Evidently not.

Comment

How does it not work for you?
        Last edited by Nikolai; August 14, 2015, 20:51.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I can confirm it WORKS.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

for you, maybe? Maybe an update got pushed through. I normally get to the and mantle screen and it repeats. Will try later this afternoon.

Comment

Try verifying your files. That fixed such a problem for me earlier.

Comment

how do I do that? I tried setting it to compatibility mode, and it doesn't start up still. It doesn't do the endless cycle of asking me for Amd mantle anymore now, but no BE.

Comment

You righyt clik on the game inside Steam, choose properties, go to local files tab and hit verify integrity of game cache. This worked for me last time I had exactly that problem, and should work for you.

Comment

it didn't work. i might try to uninstall/reinstall later this week.

Comment

on a lark, i decided to try the non-AMD Mantle version and it works!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                        You righyt clik on the game inside Steam, choose properties, go to local files tab and hit verify integrity of game cache. This worked for me last time I had exactly that problem, and should work for you.
                        I did it and now it works for me! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

No problem!

Comment

Alas it didn't work for me. I click on "Play" on the steam page, then again on the little pop-up and I get nothing. I verified the local files. I don't use the AMD version, but still no luck. I sent a message to 2K support they pledge that they're working on a fix.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling help? Would I lose my saved games and mods?
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                              Alas it didn't work for me. I click on "Play" on the steam page, then again on the little pop-up and I get nothing. I verified the local files. I don't use the AMD version, but still no luck. I sent a message to 2K support they pledge that they're working on a fix.

Would uninstalling and reinstalling help? Would I lose my saved games and mods?
                              I would try it since you have nothing to lose. I had (due to issues with my disk) to do a clean install of windows 10 and had to re-install all programs including this game. So if you re-install you will be in the same state as I was. I don't know if it will ask to keep the save games. That is possible. Try to save a few in the steam cloud I would suggest.

Comment

Working...
                              X