Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I disable units, city improvements, wonders, and technologies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I disable units, city improvements, wonders, and technologies?

Hi all:

I remember from playing 15 years ago that there was some way to disable units, city improvements, wonders, and technologies that you didn't want in the game. For example, if you wanted to turn off Emancipation Proclamation, you could. Doing so meant that nobody could build it.

I just recently started playing again, and for the life of me I cannot recall how to do this, not can I find the option. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Christiangoth View Post
    Hi all:

I remember from playing 15 years ago that there was some way to disable units, city improvements, wonders, and technologies that you didn't want in the game. For example, if you wanted to turn off Emancipation Proclamation, you could. Doing so meant that nobody could build it.

I just recently started playing again, and for the life of me I cannot recall how to do this, not can I find the option. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

Thanks!
    I do this very thing all the time, one way is going to the this path (where I have my game installed):

C:\Program Files\Activision Value\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_data\default\gamedata then for units pick units.txt and to prevent the building of any unit just duplicate the enabling advance and copy it to the next line down called obsolete advance

Now you cant build them anymore.

Another way if you play a MP game and wanted to play single player start an TCP/IP game and create new game setup..middle of page is a Tab Exclusions and exclude what you dont want to build or even what era you want to start/stop in

Good luck, hope this helps!

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
    X