No announcement yet.

Windows 10 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

works fine on windows 10 for me. I put the terranX into windows7 compatibility mode as that was what i was playing it on before win10 upgrade. It ask me to install directplay and works fine. I had to disable high dpi scaling or things went off my screen but other than that works. I believe i'm running yitzi 3.3b

Comment

I tried windows7 compatibility mode and it would give me the option to run the game as admin, but then would not launch.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming,

What version of the game are you running? The problem with Windows 10 appears to be that it abandoned support for secdrv.sys. This driver was used to verify that a valid game disc was in the drive. Some versions of the game, such as from GOG or one of the unofficial patches, don't use this copy protection.
        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
        -- Kosh

Comment

My version is whatever GOG is selling for cheap these days
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I installed mine from cd originally, one for alpha centauri and one for crossfire. I patched it with the official patches first and then with the unofficial patch. My game still comes up with the cd check and complains that i don't have the cd in the drive but doesn't prevent the game from working as I copy everything from cd to the harddrive. I just tried the pracx patch on mine and that works as well. Love the new resolution and windowed mode. Pressing ctrl-f4 ingame shows its yitzi version 3.3. This is what my game looks like starting:

Comment

Sweet
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Good to know and have taken note. I have original cds.

Re earlier comment :For me Civ4 BTS 3.19 multiplayer works fine in Win 10. I upgraded from Win 7.

I think win 8 any version is the problem.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

If anybody has any other suggestions, let me know. I still can't get it to load in Windows 10 (and I was never able to do it in 8 either but windows 7 is fine)
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Be careful with patching that win7 - one of the latest killed smac/x for me.

This is about CivIII but have the same effect.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                    X