There is something wrong with todays young women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is something wrong with todays young women

My niece, instead of raising kittens and knitting cakes as would be proper, has joined the army, more specific Garder Husar regimentet and this week she's going to Prague, not for drinking wich would be the normal, but for be thrown out of a military plane three times.

That would certainly not have happend when I was young - what about your daughters/female relatives - do they also act weird ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Apparently, their vision is not very good because I am invisible to them.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Knitting cakes?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Knitting cakes?
        Wait for some brits - they will know

Curious : why didn't you question : raising kittens ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Isn´t raising kittens something that many girls do, just like riding horses?
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yeah, but when they grow up they start knitting cakes while raising kittens

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Raising kittens, I can identify with, even if I misunderstood.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Google is your friend even ifwhen NSA collect your data.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

as long as young women still have pretty faces, soft smooth legs and titties I'm okay with what they do
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

A large number of the Soldiers and Officers in my brigade are women. Is she also from Denmark or is she from the Czech Republic? If she is from Denmark, is this some NATO airborne joint operation?

I served with troops from the Czech Republic when I was in Afghanistan, and the guys were huge...half of them reminded me of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Though one night, one of them was talking about his hate of Muslims and said somebody needed to come up with a final solution for them. My only thought was, uh wasn't the Czech Republic part of Nazi Germany, and in English the words "final solution" in regards to an ethnic group has horrible implications.

Comment

It's a couple of centuries ago since Denmark last hired foreign mercenaries, so yes, she's danish And no, it's not a big NATO exercise, just practice - her first jump actually, so there may be some panic involved.

About Czech's being part of nazi germany, I think it's fair to say yes and no. Parts of it became german with the help of Chamberlain while the rest was taken over by Poland and Hungary.

Maybe you were just unlucky and met some nutcase Czech's.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Only parts of Slovakia became parts of Hungary and Poland (and independant). Chekia was integrated into germany, in two steps (first sudetenland, then the rest). Not that the Checks had much say about it...
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                          My niece, instead of raising kittens and knitting cakes as would be proper, has joined the army, more specific Garder Husar regimentet and this week she's going to Prague, not for drinking wich would be the normal, but for be thrown out of a military plane three times.

That would certainly not have happend when I was young - what about your daughters/female relatives - do they also act weird ?
                          House Cavalry? Sounds rather imperial.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                            House Cavalry? Sounds rather imperial.
                            Sounds messy to me. Can't be easy to house train those horses.

Maybe they are house air cav.
                            The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                            - A. Lincoln

Comment

Must have some pretty big rooms in that palace, then.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X