2015 Apolyton Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Amazing how we've gone from 2-3 leagues to this...

Will you at least be playing, MRT?
    Maybe. Depends on whether the Civfanatics Keeper League remains or not. Like I said, my interests have changed - I'd much rather enjoy my time watching football for the inherent drama and tactics (and food) than focus on DeAndre Hopkins getting no less than 100 yards and no more than 150 yards on 10 not 11 receptions. It's not that fantasy football hasn't been fun or wasn't fun last year, it's just thinking about what I want to spend my time doing this year, it's not that.

I think part of it is that the poly community really has broken apart over the past year or two with most of us settling into our adult routines with whatever that includes. I wish I could feel worse about this but I'm just looking forward to chatting about football without any stake besides the Seahawks involved.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Well, any refugees who want to join IDP are welcome. We need one more (or three, but I don't think there's that many...). However, if we don't have a full roster by Friday I think we'll need to shut down IDP as well.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

6th pick in a strange 9 team ESPN draft, standard settings.

Lesson learned. When the top RB's are gone in the first 5 picks and you decide to open up the WR's, it's possible no one will follow you on a run on the WR's; they'll instead draft all the RB's you were willing to use a 2nd rounder on. You double-down on WR's and a TE only to wind up with Alfred Morris, Joe Randle, Blount, and Doug Martin as your RB's. I'll have to hope that Antonio Brown, Gronkowski, and AJ Green make up for them.

Judging the positional runs is so important.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

are you gonna play or what?

Comment

Had a bit different of a strategy in my auction league. Thought to post it since it may prove interesting over the course of the season. The format is RB/WR, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE. Yes, you could potentially start 5 Wide with a TE in this league.

With so many WR slots, I drafted Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, and DeAndre Hopkins.

$300 bank

Antonio Brown $71
            Demaryius Thomas $65
            Dez Bryant $62
            DeAndre Hopkins $28
            Russell Wilson $21
            Mark Ingram $11
            Jonathan Stewart $11
            Martellus Bennett $10
            Antonio Gates $7
            Eddie Royal $3
            Isaiah Crowell $3
            LeGarrette Blount $2

Dollar menu: Jay Ajayi, David Johnson, Roy Helu, Chris Polk, Panthers D, Caleb Sturgis (MIA K)
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well I lost Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas might end up sucking this year but my 4 wide lineup still scored 122 points (average this week was 96.4).

A little deviation from the WR strategy due to the Bryant injury: I'll probably be starting both Jonathan Stewart and Mark Ingram this week.

Comment

First quarter update.

Despite losing Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas being a disappointment and Antonio Brown likely to continue to struggle without Roethlisberger, my WR-focused team is 3-1 and 3/10 in points.

The top team followed the same strategy except he has a more successful group of pass catchers in Randall Cobb, AJ Green, Keenan Allen, and Travis Kelce to go with Carlos Hyde and Frank Gore as the bottom dollar RBs.

Seems to be a good year for this strategy even in this non-PPR league.

Comment

Epic bad week for me in the Poly league. These things suck, but they happen.

Ours is a pretty tight league, with only 117 points separating the top and bottom teams. So it's all about the match-ups.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Resurrecting the thread...

Quite a tight league. Two weeks to go and it looks like nobody will be better than 7-5.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

And it appears that FIVE teams will be tied for first at 7-5. So there will be no 10-win teams in the regular season.

Comment

My WR-heavy strategy has done well, putting me at 2nd place with one week left in the fantasy regular season.

While Dez Bryant has been a disaster and Demaryius Thomas has been meh, Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins have been studs. Eschewing RBs for these top WR's was successful because while the RBs I drafted (led by Ingram and Stewart) have actually been solid, I have benefited by the abundance of RB injuries by picking up guys like DeAngelo Williams and Thomas Rawls mid-season.

Comment

Yeah, arguably no more than 10 of the top 30 picks in our league were worthy of their draft position.

It's the year of the RB-from-nowhere.

Comment

Yeah. I think a lot of the parity is due to what seems like more significant injuries to key players (fantasy and otherwise). It makes the game less predictable.
                            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Going into the final week of the regular season, we've got some drama on our hands!

Deviations and Vicious Rabbits are in (both 8-5 currently), but the final two spots are up for grabs among 3 teams (OK, technically, 4), all at 7-6 -- Electric Slide Jedi (Ben Kenobi), Nimrods (Mguth), and Chiefs (Berz). *****es B Crazy (Spaced Cowboy) is 6-7 but can sneak in on points if two of the 7-6 teams lose.

The big Week 14 matchup is Kenobi vs Berz - whoever wins is in. With a big lead in total points, Ben can still get in with a loss, but only if Nimrods lose. That means Mguth controls his own fate.

Should be fun!

Comment

I've been tanking....lost 3 of my 5 top picks due to injuries...
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X