No announcement yet.

2015 Apolyton Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years. Wow. Finally! Never finished higher than 4th in this league. Now I've pulled it off.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Congrats.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Thanks JR. This was on my list of goals for this year. Win this league.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

End of the Year awards:

Tom Brady QB1*
          Philip Rivers QB2
          Kirk Cousins QB3
          Drew Brees QB4

Antonio Brown WR1*
          Olindo Beckham WR2
          Julio Jones WR3
          Devin Hopkins WR4
          Javon Landry WR5
          Brandon Marshall WR6

Devonte Freeman RB1*
          Adrian Peterson RB2
          Doug Johnson RB3
          Danny Woodhead RB4
          Doug Martin RB5
          Lamar Miller RB6

Jordan Reed TE1*
          Rob Gronkowski TE2
          Gary Barnidge TE3
          Greg Olsen TE4
          Delanie Walker TE5

Stephen Gostkowksi K1*

Khalil Mack DE1
          JJ Watt DE2

Reshad Jones DB1*
          Corey Graham DB2
          Tyrann Mathieu DB3

Lavonte David LB1*
          D'Qwell Jackson LB2
          Telvin Smith LB3

Some surprises here. Gronk loses TE of the year to Jordan Reed.

Comment

Pick of the year goes to *****es Be Crazy for Devonta Freeman. RB1 in the 13th round of the draft.

Ideal draft team:

R1 - Drew Brees. Everybody struck out round 1. Except me.
            R2 - Antonio Brown. Nimrods were second with Julio Jones. JR was third with Matt Forte
            R3 - Odell Beckham. Berz.
            R4 - Tom Brady Deviations
            R5 - DeAndre Hopkins, Muffed Puns
            R6 - Jarvis Landry, Deviations
            R7 - Chris Ivory, Berz
            R8 - Todd Gurley, Deviations
            R9 - Doug Martin, Berz
            R10 - Philip Rivers, Me
            R11 - Danny Woodhead, JR
            R12 - Giovanni Bernard, JR
            R13 - Devonta Freeman, BBC
            R14 - Steve Smith, Me
            R15 - Darren McFadden, BBC
            R16 - David Johnson, Berz
            R17 - Karlos Dansby, Me
            R18 - Sean Lee, Nimrods
            R19 - Ezekial Anseh, JR
            R20 - Duke Johnson JR, Deviations
            R21 - Telvin Smith Nimrods
            R22 - Carlos Dunlop, ME

Overall:
            Me, 1, 2, 10, 14, 17, 22
            Berz, 22, 9, 7, 3
            Deviations, 4, 6, 8, 20
            JR, 19, 12, 11
            BBC, 13, 15, 16
            Nimrods, 18, 21
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 29, 2015, 05:27.

Comment

QB1 Drew Brees
              QB2 Tom Brady
              QB3 Philip Rivers

RB1 Lamar Miller
              RB2 Todd Gurley
              RB3 Doug Martin
              RB4 Danny Woodhead
              RB5 Devonta Freeman
              RB6 David Johnson

WR1 Antonio Brown
              WR2 DeAndre Hopkins
              WR3 Jarvis Landry
              WR4 Allen Robinson

LB1 D'Qwell Jackson
              LB2 Telvin Smith
              DB1 Reshad Jones
              DB2 Corey Graham
              DE1 Khalil Mack

TE1 Jordan Reed
              TE2 Gary Barnidge

That is what the ideal draft would have looked like. Ideal draft position was mine. Berz ideal draft would have had

Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones, Odell Beckham JR, which is close to what Nimrods drafted.

Two people with ideal or close to ideal opening drafts were me and Nimrods.

4th pick, the right choice was Brady here. Melvin was a bad pick, but the problem here was my initial draft strategy. I should have gone WR and not worried about RB. I could have gotten Hopkins here and then another WR later, either Landry or Allen.

5th pick, Hopkins is the right choice here.

6th pick. Keenan Allen was a solid pick, but because of injury Landry was better.

7th Pick. Stewart was one of my best picks. He's overshadowed by a solid round 8 with Marshall, Gurley, Walker and Yeldon. I was set on Delanie, who wasn't a bad pick but there were better ones. Ideal here was Gurley, followed by Doug Martin who was on my list.

Better strategy would have been Walker, Allen, Hilton, Stewart, Martin, which is what my team ended up and saved my season because of the terrible 4th pick.

I had the right strategy for rounds 9 and 10, but I pulled the trigger a round late. Rivers/Woodhead was my list, and the correct strategy. I waited a round too long.

Hats off to the Freeman pick. BBC got him in round 13. Ideal is round 11 to make room for other picks. JR's Allen Robinson pick is the ideal pick for a round before. Which is the best pick overshadowed by an even more stellar pick.

Berz with another sneaky RB pick, David Johnson is the ideal for round 14. Berz got him in the 16th.

Something that should be mentioned is Slowwy's strategy of picking IDP early. He hit on Lavonte, and Reshad in the 13th. Which is the ideal pick.

Interestingly it seems that the ideal IDP is to draft three IDP studs in the early 10s, and leave the last two to the end of the draft, after the 16th round.

Contrary to JR's strategy (and mine), TE is best drafted very late, TE2 and TE3 went undrafted.

Slowwy had a good IDP strategy, but going all in the 9th gave up too much on offense. Reshad in the 13th was a fantastic (and sneaky) pick.

So, in short, I have lots to learn from you sneaky folks in late rounds. Especially Berz, Slowwy, Koya and the Rabbit.

I picked well when I had a plan. Stewart, Steve Smith, Rivers, Walker, etc. all solid picks. Probably the biggest mistake was Boldin instead of Rivers and Woodhead.

After that I was out of book with some awful picks. Colston, White, Sankey, Steve Smith, Flacco and Crowell. I did fine on my leave IDP to the end, but I will have to modify that. I did very little with my grab offense after Rivers in the 10th and I had no depth.
              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; December 29, 2015, 05:19.

Comment

congrats Ben

Comment

Congratulations Ben
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Thanks Koya and Berz. Would have lost if Berz won though. We would have had a champion with more points against over the season than for!

Comment

So Ben, I assume you entered the Yahoo Champions tournament. If so, how about posting your lineup?
                      Hope you do us proud.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

champions tournament? is that new?
                        I remember getting a bunch of notices this year about something when I'd bring up my roster but I kept ignoring them

Comment

So Ben, I assume you entered the Yahoo Champions tournament. If so, how about posting your lineup?
                          Hope you do us proud.
                          Oh. I didn't realize I could. I have no clue how to do it and the instructions are rather unhelpful.

Comment

Working...
                          X