No announcement yet.

Random questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so far. I have a colleague whose aunt was killed by being run over by a bus.

Comment

Wow. That's horrible.

My bus was killed by an aunt, so I can relate
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've come close though, not long after I started. Teenagers deliberately obstructing my passage. Thought I'd teach 'em a lesson by driving close. I'm more bus driver Zen now :angel:

Edit: what's the friggin' angel smiley?

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
          You know Horsie, we probably have a few acquaintances in common. There are quite a lot of DFAT people in my neighbourhood. Warren, my next door neighbour, just took a posting as Ambassador to Kuwait. I got quite a kick from calling him Mr Ambassador before he left. Then there's Rob, on the other side. Surely you know him! My wife's old mate Geoff was the whatchemacallit Dept aid dude in the Beijing embassy for a few years up until recently (we went to stay with him, it was great!).
          I can neither confirm nor deny my employer, but yeah I know who you are talking about
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Also the Sadleir family. While I'm dropping names, I'm Mungo MacCallum's erstwhile stepson.

Comment

oh really? bunyip royalty - slumming it on the buses are we?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Absolutely. Viva egalitarianism!

Comment

Man. I've been almost state x-country champ (4th), NIDA undergraduate (not graduate), lead engineer on the team that led the country on water resources during the Millennial Drought, then had a midlife crisis, a failed career change in to teaching, divorce and here I am. An oversupply of engineers, an education system controlled by rad fems, an old guy who won't do make work, so I drive buses. And I like it It's an occupation dominated by men, who I'd much rather work with than women, and we have a good time

****, am I Kid?

Comment

Are you bitter and dislike the world in general and women in particular?

The fact that you ask the question is a good indicator that the answer is no.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

When shivering, your teeth can chatter together and this increases the odds of accidentally biting and poisoning yourself. (In the case of tree frogs ... huddling together for warmth didn't work out so well.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        This is one question. Not "questions"
                        The idea was that if anyone else had any random questions that were bugging them, they could also post them. Just like google had never happened.

Comment

How is France a functioning country?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            How is France a functioning country?
                            Wine
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Wrong thread!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
                              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post
                                Wine
                                And cheese.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X