No announcement yet.

Random questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's it going with your girlfriend Sava? Did she move in?

(There you go, two more).

Comment

Good. She's getting ready for work. She's actually been living with me since the beginning of May. The only headache to speak of has been getting her cats integrated with mine.

My boys, a combined weight of 25ish pounds of athletic Siamese specimens, are scared to death of Li Li, a four pound declawed cat.

It has been kinda funny actually.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's new with you?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm making progress in my new profession as a bus driver. I only took one wrong turn today, made small talk with a few passengers, and gave a 63 year old lady great comfort with my divorce counselling. I'm starting to like this job, and the people who draw the shifts completely randomly of course are starting to give me some pretty fine hours

Comment

Do you enjoy the job?

I think I would.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

which city do you drive buses Rickety?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Canberra. A good place to drive buses, if one must. It hasn't been that big a transition. I was already known as Big Rig Ric

Comment

oh yeah Action Buses, some of those drivers are really great
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I'm an Action Man, through and through!

Comment

They are very good with the school children down at Tuggeranong - drop little kids home who fell asleep, one guy was dropping my youngest off in front of the house when he was little.

Comment

I saw 3 kids waiting on the other side of the road on their own in minus 5 cold. Average age was about 5. They seemed happy enough. Jeez they were cute

Had a guy OD on the bus a few months ago. Ambos reckon if it'd been another 10 minutes he'd have been gone. Didn't look like a junky. I get a lot of strung out people getting on outside the Griffith flats heading for methadone at Woden, all skinny and angry.

One episode of road rage so far. A guy popped me when I opened the window to apologise for cutting him off. He made a complaint, footage went to the cops and they're off to have a chat with him. I'm in the clear (touch wood).

Comment

I´m glad I don´t have to drive buses in my region ... far too much traffic ... and all too often, especially during the summer months, lots of road construction sites
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

You know Horsie, we probably have a few acquaintances in common. There are quite a lot of DFAT people in my neighbourhood. Warren, my next door neighbour, just took a posting as Ambassador to Kuwait. I got quite a kick from calling him Mr Ambassador before he left. Then there's Rob, on the other side. Surely you know him! My wife's old mate Geoff was the whatchemacallit Dept aid dude in the Beijing embassy for a few years up until recently (we went to stay with him, it was great!).

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                              I´m glad I don´t have to drive buses in my region ... far too much traffic ... and all too often, especially during the summer months, lots of road construction sites
                              You get pretty Zen about traffic jams when you're paid to sit in them

Comment

Have you ever run anyone over?

LiveLeak has taught me never to ride a bus in China and never go to Brazil
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X