WTF is up with egg prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[edit:]
    JMish. I edited and it posted a new post.
    Last edited by N35t0r; June 9, 2015, 10:17.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I bought eggs esterday. ~1 USD per dozen, of the best quality (non organic) they had. That's a supermarket.

I usually buy eggs from a neighbour when I go to the farm. ~2 usd for 30, and they are larger and taste better than battery eggs. They also keep a bit longer.

When making flan, we get double-yolked eggs.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Wait.

You mean there is such a thing as deliberately double yolked eggs, or do you get more double yolks when making flan for whatever reason?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Wait.

You mean there is such a thing as deliberately double yolked eggs, or do you get more double yolks when making flan for whatever reason?
          MUTANTS!
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Wait.

MUTANTS!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Wait.

The guys specifically sell them as double-yolked eggs, and they have (all so far) had two yolks each. (Sample size, ~40 eggs, give or take)
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

When you get jumbo eggs they tend to have two yolks.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Not around here. I've never seen them here.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

one store by me has jumbo eggs for $1.69/dozen

they are always great
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      When you get jumbo eggs they tend to have two yolks.
                      all I get is jumbo eggs and the frequency of twin yolks seems the same as larges

"tend to"

as in one every package? more than half the eggs in a dozen?

be specific so I can figure out how wrong you are
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not around here. I've never seen them here.
                        I've s3en them around here since at least the 1980's.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                          The guys specifically sell them as double-yolked eggs, and they have (all so far) had two yolks each. (Sample size, ~40 eggs, give or take)
                          When you hold the egg in front of a very bright light, you can see the yolks inside, and thus sort them.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                          X