Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the deal with Mary, the mother of Jesus, with Catholics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    I think that you are mostly just lacking in knowledge because you haven't done much study. But you think that your ideas have just as much validity as experts on the topics.

Which is OK, I guess.

JM
    I know you think that because you have a different focus. I'm not as focused on my intellect as I am on my will. IMO you should not focus much on your intellect after you know where your passion is leading you.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Adam and Eve have nothing to do with this, please try not to scattergun. Purity and complete absence of sin (ie a God-like state) suggests temptation is no longer temptation as the subject has ascended beyond that.
      Actually, Christ is the second Adam, so there's the understanding that Christ, like Adam is like how we should have always been.

If he wasn't flawed, then what would be the point of feeling pleased with him (or himself basically)?
      It's acknowledging his sonship, that he's truly the Son of God.

He was already pleased with Jesus. If he were a sinner at this point why would God be pleased with him?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• A lot of the stuff that's come from church theologians over the centuries though probably wouldn't make any sense to someone from the time. It feels like a lot of the time people took the exact wording of quotes and went 'AH! He used the word x so that must mean that y is true!'. I just don't think people tend to be that careful about the exact words they use, as you don't usually expect people to be arguing over them 2000 later.
        Meaning someone from the Early Church? Most wrote for posterity. I don't think Apostle Paul would be surprised to see that the Gospels are still read today as then. He might be surprised that his letters made it...
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Why is it that Adam and Eve are portrayed in paintings with belly buttons?
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Because God made them with belly buttons.

Comment

• did he make them with umbilical cords too?

Comment

• No

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                  Because God made them with belly buttons.
                  In His or Her own image?
                  To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

• Yes, Jesus has a belly button and Jesus is God.

Comment

• that means god had a mother

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        It's acknowledging his sonship, that he's truly the Son of God.

He was already pleased with Jesus. If he were a sinner at this point why would God be pleased with him?
                        Because if someone was basically human and still managed to resist sin and live in a pure way, that's something that your God would have a point in being pleased with. If he was sinless and basically free of any human temptation or desires then what is there to feel pleased with? It's like being pleased with a raindrop for falling out of the sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                          Why is it that Adam and Eve are portrayed in paintings with belly buttons?
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                            that means god had a mother
                            As, according to Trinity Jesus = God, Gods Mother is Mary ...
                            which also means that God is Gods Father ... and Gods Son
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I have never understood why people needed a sinless Christ.

Judging by what he said, he was probably one of the emotionally smartest people that have ever lived. His message still is relevant after 2000 years. He continuous to inspire people to become better persons, despite of their shortcommings.

I don't even have problems to tell my daughter how he lived as an example to all of us.

But when we start caring about how his mother got pregnant, I feel his message got lost.
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Jeez Ben is rather shaky on some fairly basic catholic teachings isn't he? Stuff I knew when I was like 7.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X