• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I'm banned from counterglow.
    We have a response:

Originally posted by The Management View Post
    Dunno why he can't get in, but he's not banned. If it's an IP ban I don't know how to clear it.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I sometimes find myself reminiscing the old days of Ming's iron fist rule over Apolyton OT. Sigh.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        It's ok, like I said, I only posted there once every 2 or 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
          Take your meds.
          Take the pills that make you not a retarded piece of ****
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• You know, I missed this thread at the time - but if Ming would promise to clean up his act with the feeding behavior, I'd be all for unloosing the man... The current status quo is an annoying mixture of boring and - very annoying.

-Alternately, no joke, I bet Aeson would be willing to compromise his principals for $1,000 American. Start a collection. Do it. Really.
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• I would just leave it the way it always has. If a poster wants to ignore another poster then he has that option already but he shouldn't have the power to effect anyone else except by words.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I dunno, man; this OTF is full of bright people capable, most of them and I include you, of wonderful/entertaining.eductaional insights on a whole world of things -or I wouldn't be coming by- but it's mighty hard for anyone to have a mature/intelligent conversation. Heck, it's nearly impossible to have a stupid silly frivolous jokey crap-talk thread w/o slapfights breaking out and drowning out the fun, witness loin's absence lately.

I do not claim to know exactly what's the best way to address that, but very few are happy with the status quo. Maybe try some different stuff? Poly wouldn't be Poly if the OT wasn't allowed to be what it is - but maybe the lines need to be drawn a little tighter?

Anyway, don't blame me; I voted for Ming.
                Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; July 29, 2016, 10:20. Reason: stupid spellcheck thought loin wasa lion

No pasarán

Comment

• Is this rule still in effect? Threads without Aeson or the mods sound like heaven!

Comment

• The internet already has the YouTube comments section...

Comment

• Here is the guideline of virtuous pursuit of internet discourse:

_Your conversator is a piece of crap. Don't tell him. Politely listen to the abuse and simply offer a almost unnoticable sight and a slightly crooked smile at the lies inaccuracies bull**** self importance that this piece of donkey **** is displaying.

_Having reached the ultimate inner circle of buddhistic enlightnment and nirvana, secured in your higher position of not having responded to him in kind, offer one or two pieces of advice to the poor soul out of pure christian compassion.

Repeat this ad nauseum.

OR unleash Ming

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                        I dunno, man; this OTF is full of bright people capable, most of them and I include you, of wonderful/entertaining.eductaional insights on a whole world of things -or I wouldn't be coming by- but it's mighty hard for anyone to have a mature/intelligent conversation. Heck, it's nearly impossible to have a stupid silly frivolous jokey crap-talk thread w/o slapfights breaking out and drowning out the fun, witness loin's absence lately.

I do not claim to know exactly what's the best way to address that, but very few are happy with the status quo. Maybe try some different stuff? Poly wouldn't be Poly if the OT wasn't allowed to be what it is - but maybe the lines need to be drawn a little tighter?

Anyway, don't blame me; I voted for Ming.
                        Maybe some improved moderation? I know we all voted for less moderation back when Aeson bought the place but it has been a few years so maybe now is a good time to review the policy and see how everyone thinks things are going.

Comment

• We are on the same page, Oerdin.

Years ago right after the hack, a friend gave me the distinct impression he'd been offered ownership, and a big piece of advice I threw out was to leave Mike H. (what happened to him?) at it, and that it would be a mistake to not let this OT be what it is - the heart of the site, for better or worse. Nothing ever came of that, and I haven't changed my mind that trying to clean up this OT would accomplish nothing but killing it -I myself have been known to come over here and blow off steam like I may not allow myself in my own shop- but I don't think I have to convince anyone that maybe the freedom to be a total childish butthole here has gone more than a bit too far, on the whole...

No pasarán

Comment

• Your friend would be Solver?

Comment

• Whether I even have any friends is not germane to the point...

No pasarán

Comment

• ...Also, I'd like to point out that I agree with what Sloww said on the first page of this thread - if not the terminology...

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X