Long distance relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Her mother wants me to come sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Come or "come"?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The first one, but who knows, possibly also the second one.

Comment

• Nice twist

Hope it works out Reg.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• So I will be staying at her parents' place this weekend when I visit. I have just learned from my girlfriend that her mother says it is fine for me to stay in the same room as her (girlfriend, not mom). I never asked. I'm feeling a mixture of relief and disgust.

Re:

Originally posted by Sava View Post
              Come or "come"?
              I guess both.

Comment

• I've been trying to decide which is grosser, her mom wanting you to come in her daughter quicker, or her mom wanting you to come in her quicker. I think this may be one of the more disturbing quandries Poly has thrown up over the years.

Comment

• ****, now I'm starting to embark on a long distance relationship. At least she's 3 hours away... but still. Though I can see it being more casual unless she comes up to Atlanta (she's a teacher on one year contracts, so its a possibility). Ah, the struggles of finding what seems to be the perfect person for you who lives hours away...
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Okay, it's been around four or five months since I first posted this thread. The relationship is still going. She came to Virginia for 12 days last week and left on Tuesday. I've already visited her a couple times. Both of us live with our parents still--she hasn't graduated yet, and I'm saving more money before moving out. Which makes, uh, alone time a little awkward. Somehow we're managing.

She's making more noises about possibly moving here. Who knows. In any case, I'm really glad I decided to stick with it, at the moment.

Comment

• Excellent Reg

Comment

• Gotta say, I was expecting a less positive update to this thread.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Good on yer!
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• HOORAY!
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Great to hear its going well Reg, good luck man.

Comment

• So, did the double twin orgy thing end up happening? Also, choose the Bay over Virginia. Don't be an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X