Christian business owners . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    Seriously? I can think of several cases where there was no adultery, but the divorce was a good thing.
    Adultery is just one form of being a horrible spouse.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yes.

The bible doesn't condone divorce if there hasn't been adultery.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Also, I can think of many cases in which neither spouse behaved horribly towards the other, and the divorce was still a good thing.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Why are LGBT people often the only type of "sinners" singled out by right-wing Christians, for denunciation, discrimination, and harassment??
          Other sinners don't identify themselves by their sin.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Which shows how nuanced your views are
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              Yes.

The bible doesn't condone divorce if there hasn't been adultery.
              Not if there is physical or emotional abuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Some would say you should leave him/her, but you can't remarry. Of course, same is said by some about adultery. There is no clearcut answer, other than that the Bible hold up the life long marriage of one man and one woman as the ideal.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Please read Matthew 19 and tell me where Jesus says physical or emotional abuse justifies divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Some would say you should leave him/her, but you can't remarry. Of course, same is said by some about adultery. There is no clearcut answer, other than that the Bible hold up the life long marriage of one man and one woman as the ideal.
                    Where does it come in that you can't remarry? I never understood that one. If it's good to be married why not get remarried?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      Please read Matthew 19 and tell me where Jesus says physical or emotional abuse justifies divorce.
                      I'm not a literalist because I'm neither a Christian hater or a Christian fundamentalist.

Comment

Where does it come in that you can't remarry? I never understood that one. If it's good to be married why not get remarried?
                        1 Cor. 7:10-11

Comment

Yep, Gribbler's right here.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Which shows how nuanced your views are
                            When we have divorced Pride days I'll take your point under advisement.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              I have a couple friends who would do this for a fiver.
                              What, the cake, or the request? If the former, that's cheap cake.

Funny, I already told you why gays are "singled out": because you're the ones currently at the center of the national political stage. The battle over no-fault divorce was lost before either of us was born. Ditto fornication. Nobody is stupid enough to expect a religious baker to make a cake celebrating fornication or what-have-you, even in an alternate universe where "hooray for humping!" is actually a sentiment people put on cakes. Because that's not a big issue--people haven't compared refusing to create a pastry over that specific sin to the Montgomery bus policy. Turn the question around: why aren't people having a ****-fit over the refusal of religious people to make World's Best Whore cakes, or tattoo cakes, or whatever you think they ought to forbid based on some bible verses you Googled?

Imran, I was blaming Martin Luther for Sola Scriptura in general. He started the ball rolling. I don't imagine he'd be totally happy with the endless fragmentation of the Church that resulted. Or, for that matter, churches with his name on them marrying two dudes.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Yep, Gribbler's right here.
                                Then explain to me why it also says fornication is happening so people should get married. Are divorcees suppose to fornicate?

Comment

Working...
                                X