No announcement yet.

Oh Texas..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a group of morons in a country that has about the strongest protections on free speech in the world going 'haw haw, let's draw pictures to piss off dem muslims!'.
    If you wanted to prove this group of morons right, I see no better way to do that than to try to kill them. They had a point, and they made their point that Islam is a threat even to America and Texas.

Also, have we already forgotten Fort Hood, and the terrorist attack there? Twice?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I wonder if Infowars have declared this must have been part of Jade Helm yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        So are we invading Texas or not? I don't want to be involved in another quagmire in a 3rd world country
        Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            There is a difference between a publication making a point about press freedom and the dangers of it being curtailed by fear, and a group of morons in a country that has about the strongest protections on free speech in the world going 'haw haw, let's draw pictures to piss off dem muslims!'.

It's a small difference I know, but it's a difference none the same.
            This is a good point. The legal trend in the US is toward more and more protection of free speech, so it's not as if people in this country need to take action to protect it.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Except for things like political correctness, hate crimes/hate speech, trying to get the Redskins to change their name, playing **** **** games with people who are against gay marriage...no, free speech is still under attack.

Comment

Yeah, if you think free speech isn't under attack you are probably one of the ones attacking it.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

shut up!
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Except for things like political correctness, hate crimes/hate speech, trying to get the Redskins to change their name, playing **** **** games with people who are against gay marriage...no, free speech is still under attack.
                    You think free speech is under attack because it's socially unacceptable to be a homophobic racist...?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      So are we invading Texas or not? I don't want to be involved in another quagmire in a 3rd world country
                      Then get out of Georgia.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        Except that speech and right of expression in America is almost certainly freer today than it's been at any other point in the entirity* of American history.

*Yes, I smirked when I wrote that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          you're sooooo oppressed

all these mothafuckas treading on you and your freedom
                          They're not, because we won't let them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Yeah, if you think free speech isn't under attack you are probably one of the ones attacking it.
                            This is such a phenomenally dumb argument that I'm not even sure you should be allowed to make it.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                              Except that speech and right of expression in America is almost certainly freer today than it's been at any other point in the entirity* of American history.

*Yes, I smirked when I wrote that.
                              So did I, but I'm not the one who misspelled it...

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                This is such a phenomenally dumb argument that I'm not even sure you should be allowed to make it.
                                OPPRESSOR!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X