No announcement yet.

What constitutes "sentience"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you saying God isn't a jerk because God says so?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Are you saying God isn't a jerk because God says so?
      Specifically God is just. When God speaks it is so, but if you understood the Bible you wouldn't ask me.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I don't see much evidence that God is just. The universe that God allegedly created operates according to natural laws that are completely amoral. Bad things happen to relatively good people all the time.

Comment

According to the old Testament, JHVH is a massive douchebag.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            I don't see much evidence that God is just. The universe that God allegedly created operates according to natural laws that are completely amoral. Bad things happen to relatively good people all the time.
            Read the book of Job.

Comment

Again...?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                Read the book of Job.
                In your opinion, how does the book of Job explain why bad things happen to relatively good people all of the time? Because if you just say "read the book of Job" then we'll naturally assume that either you haven't read it or you failed to get anything out of it.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

This time try "Lord of the Rings".
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

loin: Eris is the goddess of chaos
                    Kidicious: I don't believe you
                    loin: Read the Principia Discordia
                    Kidicious: Oh okay

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      In your opinion, how does the book of Job explain why bad things happen to relatively good people all of the time? Because if you just say "read the book of Job" then we'll naturally assume that either you haven't read it or you failed to get anything out of it.
                      If you would have read it maybe you would know that it doesn't explain why bad things happen to good people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        If you would have read it maybe you would know that it doesn't explain why bad things happen to good people.
                        Then why are you bringing it up as a response to gribber's statement that bad things happen to relatively good people you unspeakably ridiculous excuse for a human being

Comment

loin: Why do people fart?
                          Kidicious: Read Leviticus
                          loin: Does that have anything to do with why people fart?
                          Kidicious: No

Do you see how stupid that is? Do you? For ****'s sake.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                            Then why are you bringing it up as a response to gribber's statement that bad things happen to relatively good people you unspeakably ridiculous excuse for a human being
                            Because he demonstrated ignorance.

Comment

I think Kid is onto something. The first thing out of my mouth after being bit by ants often is "God damned it" ... which before I just assumed was me being profane, but now I see it was my subconscious understanding that the ant had been damned by God to bite me.

Comment

I think he's saying that whatever God does is good because God is very powerful. But that sounds stupid when you say it plainly, so you need to dress it up in lots of poetic language for it to make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X