Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you believed God was telling you to kill your family, would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, drawing a blank on overly-harsh comebacks right now.

Sudden, irrelevant realization: in any given JRPG, there is a direct inverse relationship between the sexualization of a female character and her utility in combat. If she's got a big rack and eye shadow, she'll be gathering dust at level 10 for most of the game. If she looks like a nine-year-old girl (or is repulsive), she'll slaughter thousands. This holds true for Final Fantasies 7-10, Wild Arms II, Star Ocean II, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Symphonia . . . I haven't played anything recent, and most pre-PS1 games didn't sexualize, but it seems like a solid trend.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I only played halfway through 10, and 8 of that list. For 8, I agree (oh how I hated Rinoa), but for 10, Lulu had magickzses. Although I found Rikku more fun.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
        We will miss you... when god talks to your sons about sacrificing you.
        Oddly enough at least two of them have similar spiritual gifts to me, so I wouldn't rule it out Sparky.

Although they haven't mastered shape shifting yet...
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          No. Why would a deity of sufficient power worth worshipping need me to enact some design.
          Don't trouble yourself about such things. Now, have you heard of supply side economics?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How would you define supply side eocnomics?

Comment

Well, according to the Bible, fathers can kill any of their children if the children talk back, or disrespect their parents in anyway.

So this could be one way of God telling people to kill at least some of their family.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                Well, according to the Bible, fathers can kill any of their children if the children talk back, or disrespect their parents in anyway.

So this could be one way of God telling people to kill at least some of their family.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  Deuteronomy 21:18-21

When are you going to get around to reading the Bible?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Deuteronomy 21:18-21

When are you going to get around to reading the Bible?
                    Do you also believe the Bible says it's ok to stone sinners?

Comment

That's equivalent to the Muslims saying Jews eat babies.

Comment

No, but you apparently had no idea what Mr "Fun" was talking about so I helped you out.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          No, but you apparently had no idea what Mr "Fun" was talking about so I helped you out.
                          MrFun is a cherry-picker and a hypocrite.

Comment

I'm pretty certain that it actually says that it's ok to get stoned with sinners.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                              I'm pretty certain that it actually says that it's ok to get stoned with sinners.

Comment

The biggest problem with a god telling me to kill my family is that I'd need some evidence that this was actually a god instead of a demon, cosmic horror, ghost, hallucination, etc, and if this was the sort of god who'd go around ordering me to kill my family then odds are he'd just smite me for questioning his identity.
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X