What actually happened to Freddy gray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    If it's not relevant then why the accusation of false arrest? His record is relevant because at least in the America I know (not Loinburger's, perhaps), you can't be arrested without there being due cause. In a he said / she said situation, I'm likely to side with the cops over the thugs who are looting and burning Baltimore.
    You can't be arrested just because you've been arrested in the past, you friggin moron. That doesn't constitute due cause. On the contrary, that constitutes harassment. The America you know is a lot more fascist than the America that actually exists.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You can't be arrested just because you've been arrested in the past, you friggin moron. That doesn't constitute due cause. On the contrary, that constitutes harassment. The America you know is a lot more fascist than the America that actually exists.
      Odd comment from one arguing that possession and drug distribution isn't a crime.

You're right, the America of reality actually considers certain criminal activity to be crimes. Someone who's already had 18 arrests being picked up for possession once again doesn't constitute due cause? Seems pretty unlikely to me that career criminals would choose to return to their old habits.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Jaywalking and refusing to bake gay wedding cakes is thug behavior and I won't tolerate it

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          So everyone should just get over it already, right?
          No. Read my posts again...I haven't been defending the police.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            You can't be arrested just because you've been arrested in the past, you friggin moron.
            Round up the usual suspects!

Comment

Odd comment from one arguing that possession and drug distribution isn't a crime.
              Where did I say that?

You're right, the America of reality actually considers certain criminal activity to be crimes. Someone who's already had 18 arrests being picked up for possession once again doesn't constitute due cause? Seems pretty unlikely to me that career criminals would choose to return to their old habits.
              He wasn't picked up for possession of drugs

They found a knife clipped inside his pants packet — the knife was not a switchblade and is lawful under Maryland law, she said.

The officers then restrained Gray in a “leg lace,” and held him down until the transport van arrived, while he “flailed and screamed.”

The officers failed to find probable cause for Gray’s arrest, Mosby said. When the police transport van arrived, he was placed into the wagon driven by Officer Caesar B. Goodson, but without a seatbelt.
              In other words, he was arrested for possession of a legal knife.

Comment

In other words, he was arrested for possession of a legal knife.
                I seem to remember some polytubby accusing another polytubby of death threats. Someone at the time who was in possession of a knife himself.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Thanks for the non sequitur, I suppose

Comment

The only violent crimes on the list of arrests are two "second degree assaults" which is defined as:
                    Second Degree Assault

Less serious than first degree assault, though still considered a serious offense is second degree assault. You could be facing this charge if you are accused of any general assault that does not classify under the rules of First Degree Assault.

In other words, if you touch someone else in an unwanted manner that could be perceived as unwanted, offensive, or potentially harmful (whether or not it causes injury), you could be charged with this offense.

Generally, assault in the 2nd degree is a misdemeanor though it carries a maximum potential sentence of 10 years. However, if the assault was committed on a law enforcement or probation officer, that assault charge will be entered as a felony.

He touched someone in an unwanted way. Whatever he did was not as bad as what the police ended up doing to him. Oh, he also sold drugs and he gambled. Why is Ben trying to prove he's a "thug"?

Comment

So, whether or not his death was an accident (I really don't believe the BPD actually wanted him to die, I simply believe they didn't care enough to do what they needed to to prevent it):

1. He was arrested for something that wasn't a crime
                      2. He was a small-time criminal guilty of things that merit relatively minor sentences
                      3. He died while in police custody

What happened is deplorable.

Comment

He touched someone in an unwanted way. Whatever he did was not as bad as what the police ended up doing to him. Oh, he also sold drugs and he gambled. Why is Ben trying to prove he's a "thug"?
                        Gribbler defending bad touching? Say it ain't so, Joe.

Comment

Thanks for the non sequitur, I suppose
                          I was amused at the irony of you of all people defending someone who had a legal knife.

Comment

Anyone who has ever gotten into a fight is now a "thug"...?

What about people who challenge other people to fight them in front of churches?

Comment

Gribbler defending bad touching? Say it ain't so, Joe.
                              It is quite an odd transposition to see BK condemning bad touching

Comment

I was amused at the irony of you of all people defending someone who had a legal knife.
                                There's nothing illegal about owning a legal knife. However, it is illegal to threaten to stab somebody with it. I feel like I'm talking to a kindergartener here.

Comment

Working...
                                X