I thought The Wire ended in 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Baltimore PD is over 50% black. Baltimore itself is 60% black. The mayor is black, the city council is black, and the police commissioner is black.

Where exactly do "crackers" come into this picture?
    What was the race of the police officers who snapped that poor guy's spinal cord?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      One way cities and towns can prevent riots such as these, is to seriously reform their police forces to weed out the racism, corruption, and cronyism. You know . . . like actually thinking in the long-term in solving problems.
      The majority-black police force of Baltimore should get on that.

Comment

Originally posted by spambot View Post
        The majority-black police force of Baltimore should get on that.
        ALL the good, upright cops need to get on that, with their city government.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This and the Ferguson riots have done an outstanding job of reinforcing everyone's worst prejudices.

Help me reconstruct this train of logic because somewhere along the way I got lost:

Black guy dies in police custody -> ???? -> rob stores, commit arson
          Don't worry your pretty little head about it.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
            I'm sorry, but isn't things like this (overthrowing an oppressive government) the main reason for supporting the second amendment? Why do you complain when people actually act upon it?
            They only want the government overthrown when a black man is president.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Baltimore PD is over 50% black. Baltimore itself is 60% black. The mayor is black, the city council is black, and the police commissioner is black.

Cracker is not necessarily a racial slur.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

neither is...nevermind

Comment

Well, I assume most of them enter stage left while watching Game of Thrones and/or playing Candy Crush, texting their friends and suchlike. They pause for a moment to look at Yahoo news or some such, notice the headline "Man dies in police custody," say, "huh, no news" and go back to Candy Crush. Exit stage right.

I don't think the problem here is necessarily straightforward racism in all incidents. The black community in this country, to the extent that there is such a thing anymore, is seriously messed up. Something like one out of five black men is incarcerated. Around seventy percent of black kids grow up without a father. I don't think anybody really knows what to do about these problems, or even wants to think about them all that much. It doesn't help that blacks are pretty well the ***** of the Democratic party, so there's no good political reason for anybody to pay attention to their problems. The Left, AFAICT, chalks up all problems to racism, maybe throws them a bone on affirmative action every now and then, and then goes back to invoking the memory of their greatest struggle to expand a tax privilege to two percent of the population. But even that is better than the Right; four years ago Gingrich offered to speak at the NAACP and kindly explain to them how they needed to stop being lazy ******s and start using paychecks instead of foodstamps. He was running for president at the time and, bafflingly, his run did not immediately end the next day.

I'm not saying it's right or sensible to riot and burn; I'm saying that, in their position, I might just snap and start burning **** too.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    neither is...nevermind
                    Yes it is; the notion that an all-white white group were responsible for crapping out that atrocious album offends me deeply. Even now, twenty-some years later, I keep looking at the studio and production crew to see if perhaps a black or latino person was involved somewhere. Until I find one, the healing can't really begin.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Nirvana is still better than Led Zeppelin.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        The media unfortunately, ignores the peaceful protesters, and how those peaceful protesters have actually tried reaching out to police.
                        Actually on the news this morning they did a segment showing many of those.
                        They highlighted the picture you posted with the kid.
                        They showed a mother dragging her kid home.
                        They showed some ministers telling people to chill and go home.
                        And others helping police up that had fallen.
                        They also covered a few of the non violent protests too.
                        To while I agree that the new does like to highlight the violent part, they aren't completely one sided.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by spambot View Post
                          Nirvana is still better than Led Zeppelin.
                          Ah, so that's the particular brand of wrong you are.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Your music preferences are bad and you should feel embarrassed about them.

Comment

I feel embarrassed about that time I incorrectly explained the origin of the phrase "once in a blue moon" to my classmates in second grade. I don't feel embarrassed over correctly stating that Led Zeppelin is superior to Nirvana.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Led Zeppelin is incredibly boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X