Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it snowing in hell today? Scalia and Thomas disagreed on something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and now, you're really only left with quibbling over what sort of number would be appropriate for a snowing in hell metaphor
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A better way to think about it is that this happens around once in every ten supreme court cases. There's what, dozens of cases a year? It's not an earth shattering event.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I wanted Imran to be the one to quibble over what constitutes "a lot".

You're already my bitch in the chimp thread.

Quick question. If you got kicked in the balls 90% of the time you talked to a person, would you think that is a lot?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If I got kicked in the balls 10% of the time I'd think it was a lot.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Okay. Now we're making progress. So your idea of "a lot" is completely arbitrary and meaningless.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A lot of supreme court decisions are unanimous or close to unanimous. You might be surprised with how often Thomas agrees with Ginsburg.

Comment

66% of the time from 2010-14.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes. They agree a lot. That's the point.

Keep making my argument for me.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you guys are getting warm though
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If it's snowing in hell 10% of the time, hell doesn't seem like that hot a place.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

vocab quiz tomorrow
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

My evaluation of the frequency with which Scalia and Thomas agree is clearly precisely correct, even though I am intentionally exaggerating.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Did the traffic violation create probable cause to arrest the driver?
                            YES, THERE IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL PROBLEM WITH A STATE ALLOWING COPS TO ARREST AND JAIL PEOPLE FOR MINOR TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS, WHICH IS WHY THE DAGO IS WRONG AND THE NIG-NOG IS RIGHT ON THIS ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                              THERE IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL PROBLEM WITH A STATE ALLOWING COPS TO ARREST AND JAIL PEOPLE FOR MINOR TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS,
                              both sides agree on that

“Had Officer Struble arrested, handcuffed, and taken Rodriguez to the police station for his traffic violation, he would have complied with the Fourth Amendment,” he wrote, using the majority’s argument.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

IF BY 'USING' YOU MEAN 'DRUGGING IT AND TAKING OUT BACK AND RAPING IT' THEN YES

THE 4TH AMENDMENT IS ABOUT REASONABILITY, REASONABLE SEARCHES AND SEIZURES :nagry:

HOW IS IT REASONABLE TO ARREST THEN DOG SNIFF, AND NOT REASONABLE TO NOT ARREST AND DOG SNIFF?

Comment

Working...
                                X