So...I'm Thinking About Next U.S. Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    Even I'll admit that it probably wasn't the right time and that she probably didn't have the weight to succeed, but she still has to own that she accomplished zero.
    She has to 'own' that she took on a mammoth task she had no real hope of even getting off the ground, made it a huge issue and almost certainly set the ground ready for Obamacare?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      She has to 'own' that she took on a mammoth task she had no real hope of even getting off the ground, made it a huge issue and almost certainly set the ground ready for Obamacare?
      That is way too much a stretch, but it ends up to be an opinion that we won't be able to convince each other differently so I'll leave it at that.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is relevant as well (also somewhat amusing as to who is last):

Foreign Policy magazine this week announced the results of its 2014 Ivory Tower survey of 1,615 international relations scholars from 1,375 U.S. colleges.

One question they were asked was: “Who was the most effective U.S. secretary of state of the past 50 years?

The winner? Nobel Peace Prize winner Henry A. Kissinger, who was secretary for four years during the Nixon and Ford administrations. Since the Vietnam thing didn’t turn out so well, the scholars must have been grading him on openings to China and the Soviet Union when he was at the National Security Council?

Kissinger got 32.21 percent, extraordinary in such a large field.

“Don’t Know” came in a relatively distant second, with 18.32 percent.

James Baker — who was actually the most effective secretary in the last 50 years — came in third at 17.71 percent, just behind Dr. Know.

Madeleine Albright and Hillary Clinton tied for fourth at 8.70 percent.

George Shultz was sixth with 5.65 percent.

Dean Rusk, who served in the Kennedy-Johnson years, came in seventh at 3.51 percent.

Warren Christopher got 1.53 percent, tying Cyrus Vance for eighth place

Colin Powell was picked by 1.07 percent for tenth place.

Condoleezza Rice got the nod from 0.46 percent putting her in 11th place.

Lawrence Eagleburger came in 12th place with only 0.31 percent.

Then, dead last, is John Kerry. He got a total of two votes of the 660 scholars who responded. tied Eagleburger’s 0.31 percent, but the magazine lists him at 13th.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The verdict? Clinton brought a clear vision of U.S. interests and power to the job, and future presidents and secretaries of state will find many of her ideas essential. Yet she struggled to bring together the different elements of her vision into a coherent set of policies. The tension between America’s role as a revolutionary power and its role as a status quo power predates Clinton; the struggle to reconcile those two opposed but equally indispensable aspects of American foreign policy has survived her tenure at the State Department.
          This is the kind of thing I write in an employee's review right before I mark them 'Meets' and then have to say in the review, Meets is a good score and you should be proud of it.

Vision but no follow through.

And tied for 4th and 5th sounds pretty average to me.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The winner? Nobel Peace Prize winner Henry A. Kissinger, who was secretary for four years during the Nixon and Ford administrations. Since the Vietnam thing didn’t turn out so well, the scholars must have been grading him on openings to China and the Soviet Union when he was at the National Security Council?

Kissinger got 32.21 percent, extraordinary in such a large field.
              Shame about the whole war criminal thing eh.

Comment

3 at 17+ definitely in the top tier
                5 at 1.53- definitely in the bottom tier.
                That leave those between 3 and 9 in the middle.

At best you could say She's at the bottom of the top group which really is closer to mundane. The gap between those below is smaller than those above.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  Shame about the whole war criminal thing eh.
                  You can't argue with the experts, but yeah it does make the whole poll a little questionable.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There's no question Kissinger was an effective secretary of state. You don't have to like him, but it's true.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I don't know about any of the rest of you but I find the use of the "b" word in reference to Hillary Clinton to be annoying. You may not like her but she is a qualified candidate with a long, and well publicized, record of public service. I notice that no one has called any of the male candidates the "d", "c" or "p" word.
                      Your humble narrator.
                      J
                      Last edited by jsorense; April 17, 2015, 01:09.
                      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Hillary's greatest accomplishment is that she's not (officially) a Republican
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

***** pass. Why are you guys even talking about her accomplishments? More than half the people who will end up voting for her don't care.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If The B1tch wins, the country deserves what we get.

It probably doesn't matter to the peckerheads, but straw poll veterans.
                            People like the unnamed here, donate to her to subvert the country.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh, my. That was helpful.
                              To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                                There's no question Kissinger was an effective secretary of state. You don't have to like him, but it's true.
                                Himmler was effective too. You dont have to like him, but its true.

Comment

Working...
                                X