Old farts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old farts

So I went to the center today and just paraded around.

I went to the international kiosk and bought the NME at 5 euros which is more or less the price of a greek magazine.
    But everything that was in it was indifferent to me. I didn't know any names (the cribs sounded interesting)

then I got pissed and bought the wired at 8 euros and it talks about how pirating music basically doesn't affect new acts because they are getting their revenue from facebook youtube etc

if you buy the uncut it's stuck on led zeppelin and things that went on ages ago.

then there's the empire that talks about films but it's meeeh

I find, in my early thirties, that I am rapidly turning into a crotchety old man. I hate those stupid smartphones and the games on them, for example. Read a book, dammit. Or a webpage, or whatever. Spastically whacking at the screen like that makes you look like a rat hitting a lever to earn pellets.

Makes me wish I had a lawn so I could yell at the kids to get off it.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Uh, I have a lawn, I spend most of my free time taking care of it.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I like that people are always on their phones. If they weren't, they might want to talk to me or something. I don't want that... above all else
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          I like that people are always on their phones. If they weren't, they might want to talk to me or something. I don't want that... above all else
          To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            Best part about people constantly on their phones: They don't notice you staring at their tits.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

This.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've become more mellow over time. In my teens I would h ave been sitting out on my porch with a shotgun loaded with rock salt telling the kids to get off my lawn, if I had a porch, lawn, and shotgun. Now I'd be more inclined to just turn off the public WIFI if they are misbehaving.

Comment

When I was living at home, some floors down there were two little kids, one albanian and one syrian.
                  The syrian was the very little one and each day at noon, at the time of my siesta he would get out and start shouting MARIO MARIO MARIO COME OUT AND PLAY. MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Every damn noon.

I actually saw mario yesterday at the old neighborhood, he's grown into an upstanding young lad. I remembered the old scene and I started laughing a bit, he must have understood 'cause he waived me hi

Comment

(I routinely got out and shouted ZIP IT IT'S NOON)

Comment

I remember when our telephone had the sharing function called a "party line." : old fart:
                      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X