Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
    Yet again you've accused me of not using facts, immediately after I've just posted yet another set of verifiable facts. You have the intellectual dishonesty of BK and the debating skills of MrFun. Grow up and stop whining ffs.
    I can easily say the same about you. But I have been asked not to continue this one. Verifiable facts lmao... Thanks for that one. Opinions.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      c0ckney meanwhile is so far to the left economically, that you almost need to extend the political spectrum chart to make enough room for him.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        do you remember fez from back in the day? he's always been like this. he makes absurd statements, doubles down on them and get laughed at by one and all. here's a typical thread from his post-fascist period (the fascist ones were often funnier still).

I have provided sources with my arguments in the present and I am vastly changed as a person since that time.

I am not going back to what I was. I have a better sense of who I am. I already brought up certain facts about my identity. I am more comfortable in my own skin.
        Last edited by Giancarlo; August 1, 2016, 09:58.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I will say again I am sorry for insulting anyone (other than BK). And I mean that.

Half assed apology this isn't. I was wrong in being too harsh with some on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
            There is no measure of self doubt. In fact, I find my views strengthened after this discourse.
            This is a well-documented cognitive flaw. If you have enough self-awareness to notice that it's happening, have a little more and realize it might not be justified. Self doubt is good. Learn to embrace it. Then you don't need to have an identity based on your investment in any one position, but an identity invested in skepticism and critical thinking.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• There is only one identity

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                This is a well-documented cognitive flaw. If you have enough self-awareness to notice that it's happening, have a little more and realize it might not be justified. Self doubt is good. Learn to embrace it. Then you don't need to have an identity based on your investment in any one position, but an identity invested in skepticism and critical thinking.
                Oh I have done plenty of self discovery in my life. Self doubt with my present political beliefs? Not really. It took me years to come to these conclusions. Being truly left wing was the only way I could even begin embracing who I am. It is part of my identity as a whole and something I will not compromise on.

I will lighten up a bit though. I realize many who I had disagreements with do agree with me on other subjects, and disagreements should not evolve into bickering and hate. There is enough hatred and arguing in this world as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                  There is only one identity

Speaking of sports...

As far as football (for example), I am an Atletico Madrid and AC Milan fan. Atletico is my core favorite... Too bad we always get close to the CL but can never bag the damn thing. Ugh.

And AC Milan... Well... is a sad joke right now. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

• I really think you could benefit from joining my universe-consuming cult.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      I really think you could benefit from joining my universe-consuming cult.
                      Are drag shows part of it? if so, count me in!

Comment

• There is enough hatred and arguing in this world as it is.
                        Yep.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                          Are drag shows part of it? if so, count me in!
                          Drag shows? Sure, I guess, if being human is your thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                            do you remember fez from back in the day? he's always been like this. he makes absurd statements, doubles down on them and get laughed at by one and all. here's a typical thread from his post-fascist period (the fascist ones were often funnier still).

I miss Monkspider he was a fun poster to have around.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• yeah, reading old threads is nice, but it always makes me a little sad when i realise how many quality posters we've lost over the years.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Ah Jezus, Whaleboy. That guy nearly burnt down a Wetherspoons during a Poly meet.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X