Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Army does make a nice pair of boots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rock music caught in Greece in the '50s when american bases had radiostations of their own (and played rock music)

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      "Marines are Gay!" I am amazed by the maturity of you esteemed gentlemen. You single handedly manage to be puerile and offend both the LGBQT community and service members, veterans, and their families.
      Surely it's only offensive if being linked to the Marines is a bad thing?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        That is offensive to both service members and the LGBQT community, as well as women. It denigrates the thousands of service members who served and serve openly and minimizes the struggles of the tens of thousands who served in the closet and their hard fight for acceptance. It was only a few years ago that service members would be kicked out for being homosexual. In light of the continuing fight for equality, I expect you to apologize to the members of the LGBQT community who will read your intolerant post.
        Oops, someone touched a nerve*.

*and by nerve I obviously mean penis.

Comment

It's not offensive; it's just a statement of fact. When I say, for instance, "Neil Patrick Harris is gay," that's true and nobody should be offended by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
            Surely it's only offensive if being linked to the Marines is a bad thing?
            QFT. I did say that being gay gave you a higher ASVAB score, not a lower one.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I think it was the "outrageously camp" and "mincing" comments.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

What do they have to do with sexual preference?

Comment

It has to do with the negative stereotypes thereof.

Of course, you know that.

Comment

Well the actus reus of a stereotype in isolation of its archetype is hardly offensive, is it? If I ask if you like fried chicken are you going to scream "RACIST!" at me?

Comment

True, but wasn't really in isolation, was it? HC actually included "gay" in his post, and while you didn't, you did follow right along behind. It has the feel of a pile-on.

Comment

So now we're making derogatory insinuations about gay social events like the pile-on?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X