Starships: Viable Peace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starships: Viable Peace?

So I started my first game in Starships and lost because I didn't go to war with anybody...

This next game I've been declared on once so far but beat them back and that's been that I think... Starships is odd. I'll probably try to absorb their federation or something into mine, not sure yet.

Kind of violates my goal of a peaceful Starships outing.

Anybody figure out a way to peacefully win yet? Without going to war at least a little bit I don't feel like I end up with enough resources to go for the science victory and the wonder victory is hard to pull off without taking over a planet or two that has wonders that others have beaten me to.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

I am afraid I can't help you. I play Starships as a tactical sim. I TRY to fight people.

That said... you will probably have to fight at least one war. Or try a huge galaxy with only one opponent. Set victory conditions to only wonder or only science and build, build, build. In theory, at least. No idea if it works in practice.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Thanks! I might try that after I've unlocked everything linked to Beyond Earth. Still highly annoyed that they don't go off Steam achievements rather than the 2K account... so I've found I play both games less than I probably would have if Starships had simply been fully unlocked from the start.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
      X