Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What conspiracy theories and pseudoscience did you used to believe in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Exposure to certain components of Agent Orange can cause cancer. The key point is that the exposure actually experienced by Vietnam veterans did not cause cancer.
    That is still too strong a claim.

The key point though is back then components of Agent Orange were understood to cause cancer, and yet the health and safety of our veterans and Vietnamese citizenry was disregarded so as to sell some chemicals and starve some villagers on the way to losing a war we fought for a despicable dictator and the vestiges of a century of colonial atrocity. Seems a questionable cause to try to champion ...

Comment

Never have bought into any pseudoscience that I recall. I suppose maybe cultural ones like the Bermuda Triangle and Bigfoot at some point when I was young, but not when I was old enough to know better.

Conspiracy theories? Not with any certainty, no. But I guess I hold out the strong possibility for some. I am particularly open to the idea that Oswald didn't act alone in killing Kennedy, and that the Mafia put him up to it. Also, that there were likely armaments in the hold of the Lusitania when she was torpedoed.

Then again, many CTs are less outlandish than others, as they've actually been confirmed to some degree: http://www.infowars.com/33-conspirac...n-should-know/
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Type koolaid and see what it suggests as the proper spelling (if you use google)
        Talk about conspiracies. How did he rig that?

Spoiler:
        Nikolai
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I used to be Catholic, but I grew up and came to my senses.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
            Never have bought into any pseudoscience that I recall. I suppose maybe cultural ones like the Bermuda Triangle and Bigfoot at some point when I was young, but not when I was old enough to know better.

Conspiracy theories? Not with any certainty, no. But I guess I hold out the strong possibility for some. I am particularly open to the idea that Oswald didn't act alone in killing Kennedy, and that the Mafia put him up to it. Also, that there were likely armaments in the hold of the Lusitania when she was torpedoed.

Then again, many CTs are less outlandish than others, as they've actually been confirmed to some degree: http://www.infowars.com/33-conspirac...n-should-know/
            I stopped reading halfway, but I wouldn't consider a lot of those conspiracy theories.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
              I used to be Catholic, but I grew up and came to my senses.
              Wait, I thought you were Mormon?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

i.. uh... what?

seriously?
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

shocker, chemical defoliant makes people sick too

politicians and corporations are killing thousands ever day

Comment

I still believe that the FOXNews network is clever satire. I suspect the Tea Party also intended to be satire, but was too effective at recruiting the gullible.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                    X