American Pie Lyrics Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
    I'd actually somehow managed to miss the Weird Al version.

It's pretty damn awesome.

Amen.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

1) I look forward to hear the results. JR has a good point though.
      2) I frikkin love Bob Dylan.
      3) Also in the same vein, I frikkin love Randy Newman, he's underrated and should be better knownn
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
        I'd actually somehow managed to miss the Weird Al version.

It's pretty damn awesome.

I remember this song even better than the original, I love SW and I think I might have heard this song first. Kinda like the song Stayin' Alive, which I first heard as a modified song in a commercial for Stena Line, a ferry company.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
          1) I look forward to hear the results. JR has a good point though.
          2) I frikkin love Bob Dylan.
          3) Also in the same vein, I frikkin love Randy Newman, he's underrated and should be better knownn
          I was with you Nikolai right up to point 3) Who TF is Randy Newman?
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Randy Newman is a composer/pianist/songwriter. He penned a ton of movie soundtrack work, including a bunch for Disney/Pixar, and also wrote a lot of pop tunes, usually performed by others. I don't know that I'd call him underrated, just not as well known as you'd think (for a guy with 20 Oscar nominations).

His most famous self-performed pop song (by most measures) is "Short People" (1977). Or maybe "Sail Away"...

Also, if you saw the last show of The Colbert Report, Newman was the guy playing piano for the celebrity-fest rendition of "We'll Meet Again" that closed the show.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

His LPs from the 70s are fantastic, and he's got loads of Oscar nominations. I think he's got one or two too? Short People and Sail Away are two of his big hits, but I'm also partial to less known pieces like In Germany Before the War:

Comment

Also, please enjoy Louisiana:

Comment

Working...
                X