No announcement yet.

wtf did Lori do to his back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're saying this to the guy who has a butt for an avatar?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Only relevant if it was his butt.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My sympathies, Lorizael. When did you drop objections to the shortening of your name, btw? I remember getting told off for calling you 'Lori'.

Get well soon.

Comment

I feel like I scarred you over that. It keeps me up at night. Next week, I'll talk to my therapist about how my irresponsible behavior online 10 years ago caused a fellow poster to forever remember that I did not like being called Lori, and this will remind me of how, once in second grade, I gave an incorrect account of the origin of the phrase "once in a blue moon," and my error then has stuck with me since, to the extent that just thinking about it now, ~22 years later, causes me to shudder. And if I managed to provoke a similar kind of response in another human being, what a terrible person am I? And shouldn't I just hide from the world, so as to avoid any opportunity of ever hurting anyone or causing any kind of misunderstanding whatsoever?
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Hmm isn't that what apologies is supposed to resolve?

But I too have done a few of those and it's amazing how they can still haunt you decades later.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              I feel like I scarred you over that. It keeps me up at night. Next week, I'll talk to my therapist about how my irresponsible behavior online 10 years ago caused a fellow poster to forever remember that I did not like being called Lori, and this will remind me of how, once in second grade, I gave an incorrect account of the origin of the phrase "once in a blue moon," and my error then has stuck with me since, to the extent that just thinking about it now, ~22 years later, causes me to shudder. And if I managed to provoke a similar kind of response in another human being, what a terrible person am I? And shouldn't I just hide from the world, so as to avoid any opportunity of ever hurting anyone or causing any kind of misunderstanding whatsoever?

Man, focus on fixing your back first.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                TMI
                are you taking notes? this is important

i'm hetero flexible, after all

edit: i need to pay attention to what page i'm on
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

About 4 hours ago, I stood up from a chair and felt a small knot of pain in my lower back. Since then, it's only gotten worse. Pretty sure it's the exact same spot. Feels basically the same. I never saw a medical professional back in February; I just waited until the pain finally went away. That took a couple months, but after the first few weeks it wasn't debilitating anymore. Now it's back. ****.

Comment

See a doctor.

Long term, try not to sit too long, vary seating positions and work on your core strength.

Keep well hydrated - your discs need the water to rehydrate after the fluid is squished out of them from being upright and on your arse too long.

Comment

Long term my plan is to get a cyborg body or upload my brain. I'd call that sitting stuff short to medium term, at best. As far as seeing a doctor... my next day off during the work week is October 22, because I have jury duty. After that, it's November 26 (Thanksgiving).

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Lori never did any of the back stretches and exercises that were recommended.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I was in too much pain to do weird stretches at the time. And when the pain went away, I stopped caring...

(These aren't good reasons, just explanations for my behavior.)

Comment

Maybe you'll get let go early during your jury duty. I've been let go before noon the last few times I've been called.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If asked, tell the court that you think we should hang them all and let God sort it out just to be safe. That will probably get you excused pretty fast.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Usually, just having an education is enough. Heaven forbid allowing someone that is trained to think.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X