How to counter foreign missionaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to counter foreign missionaries

Hi there. I've noticed time after time foreign missionaries entering into my healthy, productive and fortified territory only to see it crumble from attrition shorty before (usually) the civilization from which the enemy missionary spawns from attacks. Can anyone suggest to me how to counter these pesky, leach-like forerunners?

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much one can do but spawn inquisitors to counter them once they've started to convert your cities.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Attrition, Inquisitors and the return!

Originally posted by self biased View Post
      Unfortunately, I don't think there's much one can do but spawn inquisitors to counter them once they've started to convert your cities.
      Thanks for the reply self biased. I haven't used inquisitors yet (ha, ha, I hate the reference because of things I've read about the mid-evil inquisition!) and I must admit it hadn't occurred to me to use them except to bolster my own religion. I've only recently started building and creating religion within my civ in the Gods and Kings upgrade. I did this a lot before I upgraded because the benefits from Piety social policy were more evident (happiness and money for example). However, I want to learn how to carry attrition to the enemy and in addition bolster my culture.
      Thanks a lot! Paul

Last edited by paulmitchell; February 24, 2015, 11:34. Reason: grammar

Comment

Bear in mind that Inquisitors will only remove followers of other religions in cities that you control.

If you have all the expansions, Sava, Guynemer, and myself play multiplayer a few hours each week. You're welcome to join us.

Comment

Playing online

Originally posted by self biased View Post
          Bear in mind that Inquisitors will only remove followers of other religions in cities that you control.

If you have all the expansions, Sava, Guynemer, and myself play multiplayer a few hours each week. You're welcome to join us.
          Hi again self biased
          You know, I'd love to play online but I bought my copy of Civ from the App Store (mac). Apparently the copy I purchased won't let me play online - and I don't have the expansions to mention. However, perhaps there is a way nowadays. I made the original purchase in 2011 so perhaps this is worthwhile looking into. We'll be in touch.
          Cheers, P

Comment

Wow, when do these live games happen?
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Flame Flash: Generally speaking, around 9pm eastern once or twice a week. I'm not sure when the next one is going to be; probably Friday or Saturday.

Paulmitchell: it really is worth it to get Brave New World. I'm not sure what it costs on steam, but it's worth it.

Comment

Hi there Self Biased

I just downloaded and installed Civ 5 Complete Edition. This is a bit of a learning curve for me - I've never used Steam and so have some exploring to do. i know what I'll be doing tonight.
                Cheers, Whitewolf8883 (my new Civ 5 name I guess)

Comment

Working...
                X